Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

So homework isnt study (this concept sounds strange to me) *my head hurts*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Homework is a form of study. They are both subsets of each other, really. In doing your homework you are studying, but generally when I think of study I think of memorisation/revising things you did yonks ago.

That would be my view of it.

So whats the average time spent on homework(just wondering).

So whats the average time spent on homework(just wondering).
    Now that's a highly variable one.

My friend who goes to Loreto seems to get exorbitant amounts of homework, whereas in my case, take today for example, all the homework I have is stuff left over from 2 weeks ago and even then it'll only take max half an hour, I'd say.

Depends on the teacher, the school, the subject, the student.

I notice only a slight increase in the amounts of homework from last year, and last year wasn't a lot either. Although I am of the firm opinion if homework takes over an hour it is wrong and should be outlawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

i notice a huge increase in work...i also notice alot of kids going crazy because teachers put so much pressure on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Rozabeez wrote:
    i notice a huge increase in work...i also notice alot of kids going crazy because teachers put so much pressure on us.

alot of teachers dont seem to realize we actually have other work to do and give us stupid amounts of homework that take over an hour for that subject alone...madness

absolute madness...i just dyed my hair purple in a crazy fit of needing changes

Won't your school have a problem with that?

Also, I don't really get how dying your hair is a change. I mean, unless you have your hair infront of your eyes, you don't notice it. It's only when you walk past reflective surfaces that you remember "Oh, my hair is <insert random colour>, hmm." It's more of a change for people who have to look at you.
    (It's just like that thing - don't pity ugly people, pity the people who have to look at them.)

Getting off topic. Uhm, JC... just got exam papers. History looks evil, damnit. Alright, documents look easy. But short questions and the rest of it are kinda evil. Especially the Revolutionary section. Dayamn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Shorts are a doss, IMHO its just general knowledge. it looks daunting, but remember. 10 out of 20 is all you need

Oh, and by about christmas, all ye wee 3rd yeares will start getting cut down homework. By about easter, you should be getting almost none. Your supposed to be STUDYING y'see

Than come 5th year, your fscked....

*can't cope*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hSquid

i don't like to think that far ahead. we were told today that the junior cert is forgotten by 4/5th year and that it is relatively unimportant and just a practice for the leaving. but that isn't really a lot of help and i'm still going to be crazily nervous when it comes to june

• Advertisement

i love history, i started a debate today with a guy in my class and my techer told my i was doing uni style debates (bullsh!!t).

We cant have that now can we?

We cant have that now can we?

Well, why cant i be better than my teacher?
    My irish teacher is also an idiot...I'm constantly correcting her (for some reason she doesnt like me)
    But back to studying, i had my first supervised on thursday and it was great how much you learn in 2 hours costs a damn €90 though.

I had the same problem with my buss teacher i corrected her 6 times by the end of the class she shouted at me"If you dont stop shouting at me i will get very very mad" :D

I dont actually hate my history teacher, but he loves me its so funny! if i give him cheek or anything he doesnt care, and i never do the homework and he knows damn well but he pretends i do it.
    But seriously the irish teacher! she's so stupid, im her "last resort" for answering questions if everyone else got it wrong.

Advertisement