Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Collector's Edition in Ireland

Options
  • 23-09-2004 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Just saw the ad on RTE One, it claims the magazine with DVD is out now. Issue 1 E6.49, regular price E12.99 Good Price for a movie, rip off with the TNG episodes though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I saw this too and am curious. Has any one bought it? What's the magazine like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

What's the DVD like? Is the quality the same as on the retail DVDs? or is it lower quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

I've heard from people in the UK that the DVD is the same quality, the magazine mostly contains stuff from the past Star Trek Fact Files, remember those? The only difference in the magazine is a small section going behind the sences of the film... E6.95 for First Contact, I've been meaning to buy it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i wasnt impressed with that tbh.
    imo the best value is the full series DVDs,
    ive 4 so far and 2 of em were bought for 64 euros.
    i wouldnt pay over 100 for them tho.
    buying the episodes piecemeal will result in duplication of some episodes.
    as is the case with some of the other videos/dvds that i got before the DVD collections came out.

as for the fact files. i got as far as 90 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Picked this up today and the magazine seems reasonably detailed (nice cutaway diagram of the Enterprise E). The DVD seems to be the same as the one being sold on Play.com with the same (limited) features and same front cover. Bargain in any event for the film. I not so sure of the benefit of the rest of it. Three episodes for €13 every fortnight seems to add up to a lot. Also I am not sure if they are in chronological order or not.

Now back to watching my TOS DVD's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Interesting... i picked up a copy of this when it was only in testing in select parts of the UK from forbidden planet and the regular price after conversion and store profit added on and such only came to about €8 for the first two mags (seperate of course). What a rip off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i collected all those fact files all of the ****ers, i cant remember how many but theres like 8 folders and places in cork stoped getting em so it ended for me.................... theres about £400IE pounds wasted on them, so i dont think im going to buy these other books with dvd unless its a good episode :D or movie

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Indeed after collecting 30 issues of the fact files, I got sick of them and their horrid price. This will be my first and last one, First Contact for 6.50 not bad, however E13 for 3 TNG episodes, don't think so.

Anyway it is the exact same as the original film release except for the spine which will build up to Star Trek The Collectors' Edition logo, the magazine was an interesting read, however just not worth the full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

LOL andy.

thats what happened me 2 :)

the number of shops that used have em just kept dwindling.

towards the end i was relying on my irregular trips to dub to the newsstand guys on o'connell str. they used keep back issues.

i only managed 3 folders. but theres some amount of info in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i wouldn't be collecting this but i did finish off the fact files think it stoped around 312.

missing about 3 issues though over the three years :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement