Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: buying an SP in the US

Options
  • 23-09-2004 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Hi,

On holidays in US at the moment and the GBA SP is only $80 new. I know the DS is on the way, but the SP seems like such a good deal. AFAIK, the SP has its own rechargeable battery system - will i have problems plugging this in in Ireland (voltage, etc.) if i buy it in the States?

Also, why are SP games so expensive in Ireland? Everything is $30 over here! :mad:

Thanks.

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You can buy a charger here that will work .

Buy lots of games its worth it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All you'll need is a cheap plug convertor that will let you use the adapter in Irish sockets. The charger and the GBA itself will adapt to the voltage without needing a step down convertor.

Either that or you can just buy and European adapter when you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got mine from the states - Go to GAME and get a new battery pack - cost about 10 quid i think. That way you get a fresh battery and charger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Im hoping it's the same thing for the DS cause my parents are gonna be over there when it's released so Im definitely getting one. hopw metroid is a launch game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

cheers lads - i'm off down the shops :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Buy as many games as you can in the states. Even if theres a sles tax they are far cheaper in america than in europe.

Advertisement