Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For attention of Clan TIG.

Options
  • 23-09-2004 7:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,some of you may remember me from TIG a good while back.
    Unfortunately i never had enough time to stay in the clan but hey thats life.
    Ive just been tricking around with some graphics programs and came up with this possible banner for the TIG site or maybe when resized could be used as a sig.
    Either way TIG are welcome to use it if they desire.
    Ive uploaded it to my small bit of space.

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/2070/tigbanner.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Nice Work Dcully!!!

I too fell by the way side when I moved to sticks and lost my BB :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers Daz.
    Im living in the sticks allmy life here in Kildare.
    Im on ISDN right now and still no sign of BB in my area.
    Most of kildare has BB by now but little Monasterevin is still being ignored :(
    I wonder if i will ever get BB tbh .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Lo guys, nice to hear from you again.

Feel welcome to pop onto our forums at http://www.clan-tig.org.uk/forums/.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

Can still play battlefield with ISDN
    like me

Yeah i do play games with ISDN.
    Its fine for games but slow for downloads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Yeah...........must think about getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah yur pings decent enough most of the time Shadow. R they going to roll out BB in sligo anytime soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

If you need any downloads let some of us [TiG] guys know and we'll help.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

This has nothing to do with Battlefield!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I beg to differ. And what I say usually goes for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

The Irish Guard www.clan-tig.org.uk, wheres that confused smiley face?! Theres nothing very special about the banner either. Sorry, i just enjoy being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Its cheaper to get a .uk than a .ie (cant get it anyway seeming where not a busness) or .com address i think thats why we have it

The reasons would be the folowing. A .uk address costs about €10 or €15. A .ie address costs approx €70. For a small clan its a hell of a lot of money to spend per year on a domain. You still need to add the cost of hosting ontop of that.

Also, obtaining a .ie address is not as easy as a .com. Take a look at this guide for information on the requirements to obtain a .ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The Irish Guard www.clan-tig.org.uk, wheres that confused smiley face?! Theres nothing very special about the banner either. Sorry, i just enjoy being honest.
    who gives a f**k. Its a domain name, Its not like it defines us or anything. As winty says its purely for ecomonic reasons :)

Theres nothing very special about the banner either. Sorry, i just enjoy being honest.

I never said it was special.
    I did however say i was just tricking around and thought it would be useful to TIG members for either a banner or more likely a sig.
    If I was to make a banner for them i assure you i would put a loy more effort into it than just trick around.
    I just happen to have some nice BFV screenies on my pc and thought id mess about is all.

Winters wrote:
    I beg to differ. And what I say usually goes for some reason.

2 Reasons one your ADMIN for Boards.
    And secondly because your in TiG.

Its nothing to do with Battlefield its like me drunkin talk on UKC. Dont know why i wrote that up here or in many CS sites! haha.

Anyway my point is that this bull*hit isn't in anyway related to Battlefield, gameplay or problums. Therefore it is a waste of time and should be deleted!

Wrong and well, wrong.

Im not an admin I'm a moderator. There is quite a differance. TiG has no impact on my status within boards, that part of the job of being moderator.

Also I'll dictate what gets deleted here not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I certainly wouldn't be biased toward anyone simply because they aren't a member of TIG.
    If you feel we aren't doing our jobs properly Kami feel free to let the admins know. I'm sure they'll be sympathtic once you state your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Its nothing to do with Battlefield its like me drunkin talk on UKC. Dont know why i wrote that up here or in many CS sites! haha.

Anyway my point is that this bull*hit isn't in anyway related to Battlefield, gameplay or problums. Therefore it is a waste of time and should be deleted!

lot of bollox really kami, where else did you expect him to put it, he marked it FAO TiG, if thats the case what are you even doing looking at the thread. Also you can be sure you wouldn't find me moaning if some one posted up a banner for NRG.

How far is the ground below you on that high horse? you have no problem with a sticky linking to recruitment for NRG above, which by your definition has nothing to do with battlefield either. Perhaps that should be removed as well eh?

I could reply to that but it would take to long! So i'll just go buy smokes and say' im sorry ' Kami begone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ARKANGEL

just ban this abusive little boy..i for one have had enough of him

Wait a sec did i say anything ABUSIVE there? Hmmm no!

I think we should just hug and make up ark!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

One should have facist symbols in the banner to show the corrupt dictatorship running on the forums.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

One should have facist symbols in the banner to show the corrupt dictatorship running on the forums.

;)
    Now now Ronan, I can't really allow any more incinuations about the German people.

Advertisement