Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's out tomorrow?

Options
  • 23-09-2004 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

It's the 24th tomorrow, and that seems to stir some memories about some games that come out then. I know Star Wars: Battlefront is out...any idea what it's like? Also, anything else on either Pc or Xbox that'd be of interest out tomorrow?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Call of duty united offensive expansion packis meant to be out tomorrow.
    Im looking forward to the multiplayer element of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Warhammer 40,000: The Dawn Of War

And if I'm very lucky, it should arrive on my doorstep tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i may purchase dawn of war myself. i dont like all the WARHAMMER rubbish butthis game just looks amazing

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Check www.eurogamer.net tomorrow at about 11am. They are usually spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ill be getting my grubby mitts on Dawn of War too, about the only one of the lot Im interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Animal crossing is getting it's european release today on the gamecube. Nothing else matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really can't see the sense in releasing Animal Crossing now. Nearly everyone that wants it has already imported it and when the sales figures reflect this, Nintendo will just use it as another excuse to screw European gamers.

I'll be picking up Battlefront on the Xbox later, will post a mini-review if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I have Animal Crossing Canadian version and freeloader if anyone's interested, I won't be playing it anymore anyway.

I'll be getting SW Battlefront, hoping it'll live up to my expectations. I already know the AI is meant to be brutal but I'll be playing online anyway.
    Also Dawn of War (8/10 on Eurogamer)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

koneko wrote:
    I have Animal Crossing Canadian version and freeloader if anyone's interested, I won't be playing it anymore anyway.

I'll be getting SW Battlefront, hoping it'll live up to my expectations. I already know the AI is meant to be brutal but I'll be playing online anyway.
    Played Battlefront yesterday in Game. Being a Battlefield fan I was always going to compare.

I played the XBOX version, and it was horrible. Your view is very restricting and the control very confusing. I only played it for a brief moment though, might get the pc version if I hear good things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ah I wouldn't buy it on Xbox anyway, I personally really dont like playing games like that on consoles. If it's no good you'll see it appear on the for sale board after a week ;)

i hopped into my workplace to have a go of that and fifa 2005 and they were both crap. battle front is said to be better on the xbox than pc and playstation. the other versions must be terrible then. fifa 2005 was also realy bad but it was a demo. the graphics seemed pretty crappy and sluggish and no matter how much you told the player to sprint it wouldnt do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

How can an fps be better on a console than on a pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I'm off to buy Star Wars: Battlefront now, i'll let you all know what its like tomorrow.

what i played of it iinvolved no first person. was a third person shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

i could go in and get Animal Crossing today.... but will it just eat my life?? im trying to steer clear of very time consuming games at the moment (RPGs, or even worse, MMORPGs)

The beautiful thing about Animal Crossing is that, yes, it will get you hopelessly hooked but you'll only play about an hour a day. There's only so many things you can do in each day, so it's not nearly as time consuming as a traditional RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

im just reading a review of it now and im completely intruiged. better get into town before the shops close.....

btw is there a boards.ie animal crossing commmunity??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Pre-ordered Animal Crossing from play.com after hearing all the importers bleeting on about it for months. Was hoping it would arrive today, does play.com usually send pre-orders so they arrive at your door the day of release? I had some credit card troubles that I had to sort today so I presume they'll just send it Monday.. bah :( Lookin forward to it anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

koneko wrote:

Both games are very entertaining. Dawn of War is intresting as there arn't that many diferant units in each race but the infantry units come in squads of men and tou can upgrade/configure most units to specfic tasks.

Battlefront is cool, loads of diferant sides and casts you cant play as a jedi though but there are some in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Swifty wrote:
    Pre-ordered Animal Crossing from play.com after hearing all the importers bleeting on about it for months. Was hoping it would arrive today, does play.com usually send pre-orders so they arrive at your door the day of release? I had some credit card troubles that I had to sort today so I presume they'll just send it Monday.. bah :( Lookin forward to it anyway.
    I notice if you order now you get a free 4Mb memory card. I might do that if game or elsewhere aren't giving away a card with the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I got battlefront myself, its...okaaay.
    Maybe if i give it more time. The hoth level is excellent, i guess itll take some time to adjust to it from playing battlefield so much. also i was on a server with a bunch of TK'ing idiots so that didnt help. roll on punkbuster support. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Picked up Battlefront, installing it at the mo so I'll see what it's like. Also picked up the Star Wars trilogy on dvd...and Pc Zone (my usual mag) which has a 14 day Galaxies trial. Star Wars weekend!

Spent most of last night playing Battlefront on the Xbox. It ****ing rules. Once you find a decent game (make sure to turn the number of AI Bots to 0 in your optimatch search), it's brilliant. Hopping into the gunner seat of a snowspeader and trying to hook at harpoon to the legs of a passing AT-AT as the pilot avoids ground fire, is amazing.

Maybe PC gamers won't appreciate it as much because they've been spoilt for team based FPS games, but I think it's ****ing brilliant.

Advertisement