Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who needs a monitor :D plus help needed

Options
  • 23-09-2004 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

got bored today so i put a tv into my system a 5" lcd at the moment the tv is on it but im planning on having my desktop on with my tft and at somr stage having my temps and fan speeds on it

thats the controls in the floppy drive ...volume and channels so on

http://tinypic.com/9zy1j

http://tinypic.com/9zy4h

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Brilliant! Very good dubdvd although I can't see much TV being watched on that screen it's still a very cool mod :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

sorry about that i had to use a camera phone my batteries where dead on the camera :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Thats a very nice idea. How do you power it when its in your computer ?
    You have some sort of lead coming out of the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

dubdvd, you are a looper - me likes :)

The power comes from the lead that came with it ...i have it hidden in the case and running out an empty pci gap at the back thats how i have the cable from NTL coming into it aswell ..if anyone out there knows of software that i can use to show my temps and stuff on the srceen let me know ...but i think ill need some sort of add on card if yous have any ideas let me know????....have to go now eastenders is starting :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Thats wicked. More money than sense and i bet your loving it.I'm jealous :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It was going oh so well until you mentioned......
    EASTENDERS....aghhhhhh

i was only joking about eastenders !!!HONEST!! I SWEAR !!!HONEST !!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Done them before, the novelty wears off, believe me :(

You won't really be able to display your desktop on it, tv outputs won't give that good quality for things like text/desktop/windows, and this is even smaller. I used it mainly to play stuff like Family Guy (it was built into the front of a Shuttle so it was on my desk).

Motherboard Monitor displays temps.

Advertisement