Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spawn point not selected error

Options
  • 23-09-2004 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Anyone else getting this?

Basically, even though I select my spawn(then hit enter, or click done) I get the error spawn point not selected Please select one. Even if I click a different point it doesn't make any difference.

Apart from a reinstall is there any solution out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Seen this happeneing with BF1942 after punkbuster got added. May be an idea to update PB. Good to see you on the servers again.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I think I have this one figured out.

Does it always happen on the 2nd or 3 round of a map? and always when you select a tunnel or crate spawn?

it happens me on maps liek albany where the tunnels or crate still appears active at teh beginning of the next round for some reason but although a white spawn circle is there they arent actually active since they rely on the bleed to become active.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

yup, had this problem ages ago, can't remember the solution but i think it was punkbuster related, deleting a certain PB file sorted the problem out. No idea which one tho, I got the solution on this forum, so search the forum and you should find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Does it always happen on the 2nd or 3 round of a map? and always when you select a tunnel or crate spawn?

it happens me on maps liek albany where the tunnels or crate still appears active at teh beginning of the next round for some reason but although a white spawn circle is there they arent actually active since they rely on the bleed to become active.
    yeah i've had the exact same prob as u karma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

It usually happens as soon as I join a server. I try to select a spawn, doesn't matter which one, then I can't get one to work. I especially seem to have problems with EA servers for some reason.

My punkbuster is always kept updated

I'll have a look around for that ButcherOfNog, hopefully I'll find it

Good to see you on the servers again.

Good to be back :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Need to manually update PB using the exe file off the website that should fix it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

I get this problem when connecting to ea servers over single isdn
    I have to tell bfv that i'm connecting at 112kbps if its set at 56k then i cant spawn or i'll get kicked for losing key packets.

by changing the connection to 112 i can play away again. sometimes i have to connect dual isdn in order to get lag free. this seems to depend on server though as some servers i can still stay with single isdn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

If you also get kicked for losing key packets then esentially you are screwed. Find a server that it works O.K. on and play on or else get another online game :( . EA / Evenbalance have known of this problem since last May and still no fix. It is caused by server side settings i.e. the choke settings but there must be smething else causing it as I have read in a few forums of admins complaining of the error on their PC's and all server settings correct.
    BTW it seems to affect people with SATA drives or capable boards more than others ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

C Fodder wrote:
    After weeks of fun and games with Punkbuster:mad:, I think I've cracked it

From BFV disc 3 run Punkbuster setup ( this uninstalls punkbuster)
    Restart PC
    Remove all files and registry entries relating to Punkbuster for BFV (careful if you're using other games with Punkbuster)
    Restart PC
    Run setup for Punkbuster from BFV Disc 3
    connect to a problem server(where you were not spawning) EAUK servers for me :)
    Let Punkbuster update itself automatically

I found for some reason that both restarts were necessary (Windows 2000) as the problem would reappear after a short time.

This is now 24 hours and problem has not reappeared so fingers crossed its fixed at last :D

found it :)

Just a question about this. Are you on isdn C Fodder? Just that I've never been able to get an automatic server update to work for me :s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i'm on BB i don't think i have ever auto-updated from the server. I always just get the .exe file from there site and it update it myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement