Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOK: Defiance - Possible to use a joypad?

Options
  • 23-09-2004 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

it's getting fairly ****ing annoying trying to play this game on a keyboard that beeps if you press more than 3 keys at once :mad:
    can't seem to find anything in the readme, the games site, google or the manual about getting a joypad working.
    anybody had any luck? or is it just not recognising my joypad :confused: (gamecube with a usb adapter)
    the only 2 options i'm given in the control setup screen are keyboard or keyboard and mouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I had no problems using a keyboard and mouse, but if you get a decent keyboard (afaik Genius's are the best value), you can gte keyboards that dont stick until 4 or 5 keys are pressed, mine wont lock until 4 keys, a friend's genius Keyboard can take 5 keys before locking, their cheap as chips too, could get one for under £20 Id say. I used the mouse for most of this game tho, all you need keyboard for is movement, and you should never need more than 3 keys for that, if your using everythingo n the keyboard, no wonder your having problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye. not sure why i'm only using the keyboard. i'd replayed most of soul reaver 2 using the mouse + keyboard recently.
    a new keyboard is definitely on my shopping list, buying the gc controller converter was supposed to tide me over until i could afford an apple keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

What ya do is find a plug 'n' play joypad that overrides the keyboard (ie has it's own program to tell the PC what the funk to do by defining keys for each game and just selecting it from a menu). Had one a couple of years back, and had no need to change any of the settings within the game, just change the game title in the joypad program. Twas a Logitech Thunderpad methinks...

Advertisement