Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martin Freeman cast in Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy

• 23-09-2004 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭

Just found out that Martin Freeman (Tim from "The Office") is going to be playing Arthur Dent in the new Hitchhikers film. Excellent news, he'd be perfect for the part in my opinion :)

Not so sure about rest of cast though, they all seem like unknowns. Zaphod Beetlebrox is a minger like he was in the TV show, not sure why this has to be. I mean in the books he's portrayed as a casanova, just with 2 heads. And I hope the decision to cast a black Ford Prefect is due to the actor's talents and not some PC attempt at portraying an "alien". I mean in the book, Ford is more streetwise than Arthur and we all know what we get when films/tv try to combine "English, black and streetwise" :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Stark wrote:
    Just found out that Martin Freeman (Tim from "The Office") is going to be playing Arthur Dent in the new Hitchhikers film. Excellent news, he'd be perfect for the part in my opinion :)

Not so sure about rest of cast though, they all seem like unknowns. Zaphod Beetlebrox is a minger like he was in the TV show, not sure why this has to be. I mean in the books he's portrayed as a casanova, just with 2 heads. And I hope the decision to cast a black Ford Prefect is due to the actor's talents and not some PC attempt at portraying an "alien". I mean in the book, Ford is more streetwise than Arthur and we all know what we get when films/tv try to combine "English, black and streetwise" :rolleyes:

Discussed to death in about 3 other threads.

See the search option up there?

It has both a reason for existence and a function.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

He was commenting on the casting of the film, no mention of that in the other threads. And the last thread is over a year old, so if Stark was to post the comments in one of those threads, he'd be dragging up an old thread.

Martin Freeman eh? Nice, now all we need is that bird "Dawn" from the Office to play Trillian and we'll have a nice bit of tension going on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think that's fairly old news.

He's been signed onto it for the last year now. I remember him discussing it on Jonathon Ross last year.

HerrLipp wrote:
    He was commenting on the casting of the film, no mention of that in the other threads. And the last thread is over a year old, so if Stark was to post the comments in one of those threads, he'd be dragging up an old thread.

Really I suppose that this thread doest exist, nor this one or even this thread which got no replies, probably because of all the others. But most of all this thread with its 37 posts and full discussion on the casting in the film.

All of these posted this year.

So again, I say, stop reposting old news from old threads and learn to search. Especially before you follow up and look a tit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Maybe you should just calm down a little and give the guy a break.

As someone who never, ever uses the "search" option before posting a comment, I say preach on, Stark.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Are we supposed to do a detailed search on all occasions when we start a thread on something? Do you?
    I'm sure if you looked through all the sections you will see repeated topics. Some more than others no doubt.
    What does it really matter if its been discussed before. I suppose when down the pub you take a note of every discussion you have to avoid discussing it once more a few months down the line?

Are we supposed to do a detailed search on all occasions when we start a thread on something? Do you?
    I'm sure if you looked through all the sections you will see repeated topics. Some more than others no doubt.
    What does it really matter if its been discussed before. I suppose when down the pub you take a note of every discussion you have to avoid discussing it once more a few months down the line?

Well I was only pointing out the search option until someone tried to slag me off while getting his facts wrong (by saying no threads existed and it had never been discussed before).

However, I find the type of people who go down the pub and tell the same story or talk about the same thing all the time really really boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

OMG! A HHGTTG movie?>!

Advertisement