Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein - Reise Reise

Options
  • 23-09-2004 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

I just heard the new Rammstein album, Reise Reise. It's very good, I've really liked their other albums. Hard to give a good judgement after one listen, but it sounds promising.

The title track is classic Rammstein, the singles "Mein Teil" and "Amerika" are two of the standout tracks. t.a.t.u. feature on the song "Moskau", as was rumoured for months, but it was never officially confirmed. The album is a nice length at 47minutes too, not too long. It's got the usual mix of ballad-ey songs in there, too.

The "techno-industrial" sound of Sehnsucht was what really sparked my interest in Rammstein, but there seems to be much less electronics on this one than their older albums. It should be interesting to see how much coverage they get in Ireland and the UK, MTV always seem to ignore them. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i got the album yesterday and loved it. it's a bit odd on the first listen because you're expecting to hear "mutter", but you don't really get that. i didn't even realise that was tatu on there, but "moskau" is a class song. the stand out one for me also would be "amerika".

i'd love to see them come here and play live. the dvd is great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I ordered mine from CDWOW 2 weeks ago, should be due any day now. Is it better than Mutter ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah i like the album but i've only listened to it a couple of times so far. I'd say my favourites are los and moskau

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Must order that now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I wasn't impressed by Amerika at all, and although I really did enjoy their previous 3 albums, I'm not exactly going to run out and get the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've only ever heard them on MTV award shows and in the xXx movie. I kinda liked them. Are there any sample tracks or videos anywhere I can check out?

Are there any sample tracks or videos anywhere I can check out?

Yep, check here. Poor quality, but good choice. You'll get the idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I liked this album. My favourites are Reise, Reise and Amour

Brilliant!

Favourite song in sig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

What would people consider to be the best album because i like what i've heard and I'm wondering which album i should get

• Advertisement

What would people consider to be the best album because i like what i've heard and I'm wondering which album i should get

If you're new to Rammstein and can afford only one, get Mutter first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

plazzTT wrote:
    I just heard the new Rammstein album, Reise Reise. It's very good, I've really liked their other albums. Hard to give a good judgement after one listen, but it sounds promising.

The title track is classic Rammstein, the singles "Mein Teil" and "Amerika" are two of the standout tracks. t.a.t.u. feature on the song "Moskau", as was rumoured for months, but it was never officially confirmed. The album is a nice length at 47minutes too, not too long. It's got the usual mix of ballad-ey songs in there, too.

The "techno-industrial" sound of Sehnsucht was what really sparked my interest in Rammstein, but there seems to be much less electronics on this one than their older albums. It should be interesting to see how much coverage they get in Ireland and the UK, MTV always seem to ignore them. :(

Must get my hands on this ASAP - didn't even realise they had a new joint on the way out.... cheeeeers!!!

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

It depends what you like about them. They have four albums: Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Mutter and Reise Reise.

If you like what you heard, most of what you've heard is probably off Mutter (Sonne, Ich Will, etc), so I'd recommend that.

I'd absolutely love to see them live, I don't think they've ever played in Ireland. They're touring Europe in November and February, but no UK or Irish dates are announced yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It's premium German cheese, but it's massively listenable.

plazzTT wrote:
    I'd absolutely love to see them live, I don't think they've ever played in Ireland. They're touring Europe in November and February, but no UK or Irish dates are announced yet...

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

great album indeed, been a big fan of them for a few years now and am patiently waiting for them to announce an irish concert but i won't hold my breathe, if they announce another uk think i'll end up flying over for that.

as for the album, never realised it was tatu on the moskau track but i though it kinda sounded like them, good track though, my first listen to the album i though it sounded rather like mutter in some ways, for instance "reise reise" sounds kinda like "mutter", "Los" has a "Links 2,3,4" kinda feel to it with the guitars and such, "Morgenstem" i thought sounded a bit like "mein herzt brent". This is not too say that coz it sounds like the mutter album it's a bit thing it certainly is'nt, Mutter was a fantastic album and this i think won't be too far behind.

Have listened to it alot this past week now and the more i listen to Reise Reise the more i like it, fave tracks have to be "Keine Lust" "Los" and of course "Reise Reise" :)

As for Matthewthebig and which album to get, personally i would have to say the first album Herzeleid, love that album, but like plazzTT said, you've probably just heard some of the newer tracks so stick with Mutter as a safe bet :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

It seems different in tone to Mutter, but interesting none the less. So far Morgenstein and Amerika are mostly grabbing my attension.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

Its a very good album, i've been listening to it quite a bit since i got it.
    There's very little by the way of samples etc. on it like on herzleid and sehnsucht, it's more like mutter, but not as good.
    Thumbs up from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

unkel wrote:
    If you're new to Rammstein and can afford only one, get Mutter first :)

Yeah, "Mutter" is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

well looks like they are plaing england...no irish dates though :(

Feb. 3, 2005 London, Brixton (GB)
    Feb. 6, 2005 Manchester, MEN (GB)
    Feb. 7, 2005 Nottingham, Arena (GB)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah, I saw that on their site alright. Very disappointing. Any one flying over to see them?

Ohne Dich will be the third single, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Considering flying over to see them in Manchester. I'd want to be a good gig though, 'cos it'll set you back €150...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 little invitro

If you are going to buy any thing by rammstein let it be the DVD. Its a great cross ection and gives all the visual impact of the band.

Reise Reise is a departoure from Sensucht and Mutter in a big way ..and they are maturing nicely as one of the top metal bands out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

yeah got it as a pressie the other day from himself - been listening in the car ever since quite good. that moscow song has been an arguement for days though - i said it was tatu and he said not - now i can rub it in his face that i was right ;P

quite good though - might fly to london to see em in feb - or use the tour as an excuse to visit friends in germany soon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

quality album
    seems to get better the more you listen to it
    very impressed they seem to get better and better
    morgenstern is probably my favourite song along with moskau and stein um stein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Great album, not a bad tune on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

sickle wrote:
    well looks like they are plaing england...no irish dates though

Feb. 3, 2005 London, Brixton (GB)
    Feb. 6, 2005 Manchester, MEN (GB)
    Feb. 7, 2005 Nottingham, Arena (GB)

Bollox, just noticed that. I promised myself that I would go over to see them next time they played the UK without fail - as luck would have it I'm going to Prague in February :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

After a few listens I've come to the conclusion that Reise Reise is to Mutter what Master of Puppets was to Ride the Lightning, not much has changed but the overall quality has improved. It's a strong album, it's layout is pretty much the same as Mutter, the tunes are pretty similar, but it's just better overall, there's no weak "Nebel" tracks... I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

yes most excellent,

my best ever review 9 thumbs up!!

i never realised it was tatu on the moscow song, just goes to show rammstein can make anyone good!

the album is excellent all the way through, and i agree there are no weak tracks,

starts off slow(ish) with reise reise, nicely to mein teil, building up to amerika and moscow, then slowing down to the last two songs,(amore and ...... damn memory, where is the cd box, ah sure ye know anyway!)

is it better then mutter though, thats a big question, id say its neither better nor worse, but brilliently on a par! and a solid album

good music to drive to, and a damn fine album! most recommended!

• Advertisement
Advertisement