Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will the chewing gum tax cost you anything?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It won't cost me a cent, I can't stand the stuff! I'd be happy if this levy would reduce the amount of it stuck to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Flukey wrote:
    It won't effect me as I never touch the stuff. How do we stop the people littering the place, chewing gum or other items. We really are bad. It is terrible watching people casually throwing something on the ground. It is worse still when they are near a bin. It is as easy to throw it in that as on the ground....QUOTE]

Totally agree. I've been raised at a young age not to throw litter on the ground. I threw it once when I was about 4 and got shouted at. Not just an "awwww he's littering, pick that up son". Keep in mind I'm 16 so I grew up in the same time period as all the little skangers who are too cool for bins.

At festivals it's different though. I threw things on the ground at slane because the bins were full up in 10 minutes. What else could I do? I had far too much to carry and had no bag. At least at festivals they have people picking stuff up during it. I blame the inadequate binnage (new word!) in towns. According to the last mayor of Galway (Terry O'Flaherty) a bin costs them €1000.... wtf! It's a metal box that says bruscar! I could make those for less than €10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Big Ears

That makes no sense... since it is one 'pack' containing 8 subpacks would it not just be 5c based on your second statement

I didn't explain that well did I ? :o .
    What I ment was 5c for each of what you called subpacks , no matter how many of them you buy in a bulk-package .

Advertisement