Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are mods God?

Options
  • 24-09-2004 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

Okay this is a bit embarassing...

I posted a reply to a thread making reference to another posters comment.
    Refreshed the thread page and the poster who I originally attributed the comment to was er - different. Avatar through sand-papered glasses maybe similar.

I'm just wondering am I losing it (eyesight (could be explained ;) ) or sanity (and yup likewise :o). I'm still convinced I saw the username and didn't just do this on the basis of avatar.

Theory - poster of both is one and the same - mod's have copped the IP address and have tweaked things out of divilment - please, please tell me I'm right.

If anyone has seen the original post, and has copped this exactly for the sake of Jebus keep schtumm about it! I may be losing it but this would just offend.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, I'm a mod and yes, I'm a god as well but I wouldn't waste my divine powers on such tricks.

However, I also had a weird incident on boards today - I sent off a short post, all in capitals but it appeared uncapitalised. ???

Further testing indicates that it's an in-built feature, my sanity is intact.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Everyones a god in their own perspective!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Your mistake
    Boo
    Right. I was prepared to eat the first bad rep received. I then posted requesting moving of thread. Which was kindly done by Simu. I later (just now) check my rep and have lost 6 points because of these very-honest and forthcoming people :rolleyes: .

I since deleted the post requesting to be moved in case anyone is wondering.

These posts were more than just unfair - and I do believe in God! That is the ones that are online right now...

Not that I think anya luv me or anything - but just look into this please...

Right. I was prepared to eat the first bad rep received. I then posted requesting moving of thread. Which was kindly done by Simu. I later (just now) check my rep and have lost 6 points because of these very-honest and forthcoming people :rolleyes: .

No, wasn't me, I only mod the Irish & philosophy boards btw.

This thread is very confusing!

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    No, wasn't me, I only mod the Irish & philosophy boards btw.

Never even entered my head. Just anonymous bad rep - makes me see red is all! :(

simu wrote:
    To clarify - post -holy fcuk - edit - did I confuse avatars here? ... sorry can't be any more specific. 'Twas a spooky experience... In denial about eyesight, could have been the case... PM if you want clarification...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

nut.jpg+case.jpg=Dilbert_-_Dogbert.gif

To clarify - post -holy fcuk - edit - did I confuse avatars here? ... sorry can't be any more specific. 'Twas a spooky experience... In denial about eyesight, could have been the case... PM if you want clarification...

I meant that I didn't move any thread of yours. (I didn't give you neg rep either).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

<-- me points to name, in answer to your question yes, well me anyway

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    I meant that I didn't move any thread of yours. (I didn't give you neg rep either).
    :o Just assumed you did move the thread. Just not neg-rep...
    Can't believe the neg-rep posts though...Their grounds are pathetic - even more pathetic is the anonymity.

Elivs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think you're confusing Mods (who only have control on their own forum(s)) and Admins who run the whole site, and can pretty much do anything on any forum.

I <3 you too whoever gave me neg rep for this..lol :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

what hte ****>?

If people must give me neg rep for some of my posts on this thread, give a reason at least!

simu wrote:
    If people must give me neg rep for some of my posts on this thread, give a reason at least!
    Know exactly how you feel. Looking at timings of my neg-reps these people move in packs. Pack 'em out of boards is what I would like to see :cool:

Time could now be ripe for admin to do a quick query of the old database behind boards and identify the 50 worst offenders and warn them. Week from now 10 worst offenders get banned (if there are that many still doing it - nobody gets banned if they play ball).

I think a script could be prepared to make this a 1 minute job every week- any takers?

Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Im with CuLT on this one. WTF icon5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If I was an actual god, then this would present a significant psychological paradox into my own belief system which, if I were to solve, could cause the universe to spontaneously pop out of existence.

Either that or I'd order Chinese food.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

order the food amp

/on topic..
    I personally would prefer to be addressed as ‘Goddess’ from now on,
    any deviation from this will probably result in a visit to the Dungeons of Despair, or what I fondly call the Pit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Know exactly how you feel. Looking at timings of my neg-reps these people move in packs. Pack 'em out of boards is what I would like to see :cool:

Time could now be ripe for admin to do a quick query of the old database behind boards and identify the 50 worst offenders and warn them. Week from now 10 worst offenders get banned (if there are that many still doing it - nobody gets banned if they play ball).

Oh FFS. Look rep doesn't matter. They're little green dots they mean nothing, they don't make you a better person, mean your opinion is more valid, or your breath smells better.

However if anonymous validation from a peer group who you may never meet in person is necessary to shore up your fragile sense of self worth in the form of little green dots, follow this simple one step plan.

Step 1. Vigorously and frequently insert your tongue into the rear orifices of all mods in acts of obsequious supplication and toadying, do this until you can with assurance say "Why DeVore Tuna Salad again today?". Positive rep will be showered on you from afar.

I mean it works for me.

Which reminds me.

"Beruthiel you look fabulous, what did you do to your hair!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Beruthiel wrote:
    order the food amp

/on topic..
    I personally would prefer to be addressed as ‘Goddess’ from now on,
    any deviation from this will probably result in a visit to the Dungeons of Despair, or what I fondly call the Pit
    The username is taken Ber.

• Advertisement

cool beans.

And while I was wasted when I initially read and replied to this thread, my opinion would still the same, if a little more legible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

No they are not gods, they are just very naughty boys.

mycroft wrote:
    "Beruthiel you look fabulous, what did you do to your hair!"

oh
    you'll go far in here young 'un if you keep that up ;)

The username is taken Ber.

it was taken....
    till they spent 5 days in the Pit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

luckat wrote:
    they are just very naughty boys.

Beruthiel, is there something you would like to tell us ? Something about a CHANGE in your past ?

like what? 30p?

... OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Beruthiel, is there something you would like to tell us ? Something about a CHANGE in your past ?

well....
    you're barking up the wrong tree there GS ;)
    I may not be a naughty boy
    but I do like them!
    does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

meh, close enough :)

do fictional gods count?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

CuLT wrote:
    like what? 30p?

... OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If I could pay 30p to get rid of the "You have fapped too much in the last 24hoursblahblahblah" message, I would give you some green lovin'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I resemble that remark...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

So if mods are gods or a goddess in Beruthiel's case, then does that mean that if a deity or almighty being joined boards they'd automatically be made a Mod ????

Advertisement