Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illuminati

Options
  • 24-09-2004 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

After watching weeks of programmes run by Sky televison on conspiracy theories, I as a citizen of this small no longer feel safe in my own little world. Having watched these conspiracies theory programmes, having read all of Michael Moore's books, Michael Moore's Documentaries and having read numerous other books by conspiracy theorists I feel this world clearly does have driving force behind be it capitalistism and globalisation. This driving force run by the Illuminati and their New World Order. In fairness the conspiracy program and Michael Moore series of books and DVD's are full of self indulgence, but look past that self indulgence and there is certainly truth spoken. Imagine if there was a group of people who met every year to discuss the faith and the direction of the world. Who create poster boy's for terrorism and none bigger than Osama. This is really screwed up to say the least, capitalism must be quashed along with globalisation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

That's exactly what they want you to think.
    Frightened people are easier to manipulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thats why I feel this way its amazing to believe that this could or maybe even real. It would and does frighten you to belive in the stark fact that there is an organisation or organisations who decide our faith. But before anyone says that we are run by organisations already, I know we are. We wear them, eat them and use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Michael Moore loves america. He loves corporate america even more. Know why? Cause thanks to it he's really rich. Oh, he bitches and moans, that's just to sell more books and films.

Back to the Illuminati. You should read The Illuminatus Trilogy. It's about 1000 pages, and tough enough to get through. It's a work of fiction, but like all fiction there is some grounding in the truth there, you just have to figure out which bits are the truth for yourself.

But having read this book is there truth to the whole idea of an Illuminati and what about Bohemian Grove?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It's a work of fiction, but like all fiction there is some grounding in the truth there, you just have to figure out which bits are the truth for yourself.

Thats about the stupidist thing I've read in a while.

Can you point out the "some grounding in truth" in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy? What about in Jaws?

You are talking about countries like the US which cant manage to balance its accounts. George W Bush aint running a damn thing but his big fat stupid gob. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

DeVore wrote:
    Thats about the stupidist thing I've read in a while.

Can you point out the "some grounding in truth" in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy? What about in Jaws?

You are talking about countries like the US which cant manage to balance its accounts. George W Bush aint running a damn thing but his big fat stupid gob. :)

DeV.

I had a panGalacticgargleblaster once!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

and you still don't get it.

you're doing exactly what you're supposed to do. the best thing you can do to fight them is to get on with your life and not let all the scaremongering get to you.

all those TV progs and movies and books are only there because they let them be there.

do you seriously think that an organisation as powerful as the Illuminati can't stop a silly fat bastard like Michael Moore from making movies and books? he makes those things because they let him. just like sky one makes these things because they let them.

what's the outcome of all these things? nothing, that's what.

can you change the way it is? nope.

can you do a single thing about it? not a god damned thing.

so what's the outcome? you're scared. exactly the way they want you to be.

the best thing you can do is just to say fukem, and get on with your life as best you can.

in the big scheme of things you don't matter and neither do I. one person swimming against the tide makes no difference to them, whether you're swimming quietly or screaming conspiracy at the top of your lungs.

just ignore it safe in the knowledge that there isn't a thing you can do either way to affect things even a tiny bit. oh, and enjoy yourself too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Willem_D wrote:
    But having read this book is there truth to the whole idea of an Illuminati and what about Bohemian Grove?
    Folx...

I don't think Politics is the forum for a high-level conspiracy-theory / Seekrit-Organisation discussion. If thats what ppl want to discuss, then I'd like to move this to another forum (suggestions for a more relevant forum welcome).

Its most definately appropiate for this forum because involves world politices and the way its run.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Bonkey is clearly a member of the Illumanti and wants to get this silenced! :o
    Its most definately appropiate for this forum because involves world politices and the way its run.

Its not really. The Illumanti is a fairy tale. Are there groups that want to take over the world? Most likely. Is there some singular group that controls all those other groups? Extremly unlikely.

I recommend you read "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. However given some peoples state, they may take it as fact rather then fiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

vibe666 wrote:
    do you seriously think that an organisation as powerful as the Illuminati can't stop a silly fat bastard like Michael Moore from making movies and books? he makes those things because they let him. just like sky one makes these things because they let them.

Or maybe the Illuminati as imagined by the conspiracy theorists and chronic bed-wetters does not even exist?

I have a friend who believes all this rubbish - swears every word of the Da Vinci Code is true.

I think that Occam's Razor should be kept in mind when thinking about these sorts of things - no doubt there are back-room dealings that we know nothing about, but there are no 'secret societies' controlling every single aspect of our lives. The amount of funk-ups we see throughout the world on a daily basis prove this!

But there is only so much you can read about and watch before you start to think this may actually be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

bonkey wrote:
    If thats what ppl want to discuss, then I'd like to move this to another forum (suggestions for a more relevant forum welcome).

Have we got a talking bo**lox forum on boards?

Oh yea that TV program was tosh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I think it's just that an Illuminati conspiracy is vaguely comforting. It says that, although we don't fully see it, there's a sense of order, a plan for the world. We may not have control over it but it's there none the less. The truth is somewhat more worrying - a bunch of, relatively, normal people in power, half of them bumbling around incompetently and the world lurching about from situation to situation with no real comprehensive goal in site, surviving from one decade to the next. More New World Disorder than Order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Whats fascinating about this kind of garbage is it's the easiest thing to swallow for the left.

"Why do these people do this?"

"cause they're evil"

So many anti globalisation protestors (and I'm on your side here mate) believe that they're "good" and the IMF WTO etc are "evil"

Its a gross over simplification but it's easier to stomach for someone who isn't interested in really plumming the depths of the "why" and "how" of the global political and economic situtation and just want everything to be equated in star wars "good" and "evil" terms.

These are the same people who accuse the government of gross stupidity and incompendence, while at the same time suggesting they're capable of profoundly complex plots to keep the masses stupid.

I'd highly recommend
    [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0393051242/103-3859
    698-3908619?v=glance]this[/URL] book. The author is the former head of the world bank and he breaks down the thinking and flawed economic models of the world bank to demostration it's logic.

The suggestion that the world is wrong by some highly secret and hidden society is actually much easier to believe then the truth.

Oh and I can't believe I get to be the first to say this, but

FNORD

BAAAHHHAAAA HAA HAA HA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm pretty sure if they did exist to the extent that people believe, they would have shut down our little forum hidden away in the depths of boards.ie.

I've already said too much.

I've already said too much.

As the offical Illumanti observer on boards.ie I'm sorry to inform you that you have in fact said too much and the men in black will be taking you to Mad dog texas.

Only Hagbard Celine can save you now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Maybe the only conspiracy is the "league of conspiracy theorists" themselves.

Perhaps they are trying to de-stabilise a perfectly normal world filled with random coincidences for their own purposes? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Why are people so afraid of the so called "new world order" most of the major decisions on this planet are dictated by Corporations already,

Was the war in Iraq for the good of the Iraqi People

Was Communism Such an evil system of Goverance ( yeah I know Stalin was a bit of an ASS )

The west doesn't care about freedom or Democracy, It just wants stable economys that they can do business with,

• Advertisement

mycroft wrote:
    Whats fascinating about this kind of garbage is it's the easiest thing to swallow for the left.

The left doesn't exist. They were invented by the Illumunati to help enforce their ideals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

There's no illumiati - it's simply greed, selfishness and ignorance.

Was Communism Such an evil system of Goverance ( yeah I know Stalin was a bit of an ASS

Mycroft's understament of the week.........
    :rolleyes:
    The left doesn't exist. They were invented by the Illumunati to help enforce their ideals.

Ah the SWP are pawns of the illumanti, break omnicorps heart why dontcha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

mycroft wrote:
    I'd highly recommend
    [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0393051242/103-3859
    698-3908619?v=glance]this[/URL] book. The author is the former head of the world bank and he breaks down the thinking and flawed economic models of the world bank to demostration it's logic.
    I'd recommend it too, but wasn't he the Chief Economist, not the Head?

jc

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The reason for conspiracy theories is two fold.

1. They are almost impossible to disprove because that requires you to prove that something is NOT happening.

2. Its nicely comforting to fncktards to think that someone ELSE has screwed up their lives, is controlling everything and the fact that they are sitting in a trailer park somewhere squeezing out yet another brat or that their bank refused them a credit card YET AGAIN, is not their fault. Its the Illuminati controlling everything.

Of course, they obviously got to me.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    2. Its nicely comforting to fncktards to think that someone ELSE has screwed up their lives, is controlling everything and the fact that they are sitting in a trailer park somewhere squeezing out yet another brat or that their bank refused them a credit card YET AGAIN, is not their fault. Its the Illuminati controlling everything.

I find the voices in my head oddly soothing, it's why I've stopped wearing my tinfoil hat....
    I'd recommend it too, but wasn't he the Chief Economist, not the Head?

1 quick check on google later.......
    :mad: [grumble] smartarse, yes he was [grumble]

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

The illuminati does not exist, its as simple as that, the powers at be hold too many interests of their own to work as a consice think tank running the world.

The only 'thing' that unites our masters (in saying this i would refer to politicians, corporate goons and world bankers) is language.

What do i mean by this? Lets look at Bush and Blair, two figures at the head of two of the worlds most powerful nations.

Blair could be seen as left of centre, though i personally would refer to him as centre right.

Bush is well known for his right wing fundamentalism.

Two very different individuals and very different policies.

But what unites them is language, where Bush can cover up his faults by using words like terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, immediate threat, code red, i could go on Blair follows.

Our world leaders are to inept to work as a collective group, trying to control us and our every move. But, where language comes into play our leaders can play with each others words. Bush says boo, boo works, tony says boo as well, boo works.

Temporary alliances on the world political stage. The politicians play with the words like terrorism and war but the financial backers the bill gates, the ibms, the nikes these guys control economic direction.

They are the new politicians, the world is now a global economy based entirely on exploitation, the north exploits the south. In order to keep control of markets leaders use temporary alliances based on each others languages.

Putin and Bush are now allies in the war on terror only because Putin wants to rid himself of a chechen problem (of his creation) and needs support (ie. money from the US) while Bush needs international legitamacy for his "War on Terror".

If the terrorists were to be removed the US and Russia would be in a state of bad diplomatic relations over NATO's expansion into the former Eastern Bloc, which Russia is threatened by. Again, temporary alliances. No Illuminati.

The financial backers also have their temporary alliances, they battle it our for world control with the politicians on the floor of WTO and IMF congresses. But again these are generally controlled by the powerful countries in temporary alliances of words (free trade, globalisation). These alliances are often nearly broken when the big powers fight (in public) over things like steel tarrifs.

There is a global force controlling us, keeping us in debth to phone companies, power companies. Making us want to buy into a brand, name or identity.

Its called capitalism, its not run by an illuminati, its a burden on humanity but one that can be rid of. What does not help us rid of corporate goons and sponging politicians is crap like, the illuminati killed my dog, the illuminati abducted my cat. These guys are more inept than me and you, heaven they start wars over lines on maps. Do you seriously think they could control the world?

Willem D wrote:
    After watching weeks of programmes run by Sky televison on conspiracy theories, I as a citizen of this small no longer feel safe in my own little world.

and,
    This is really screwed up to say the least, capitalism must be quashed along with globalisation.

Didn't you feel a tiny bit Alanis Morissette about having that world view while watching a documentary on Sky???

1. Owned by one of the Largest media conglomerates in the world, espuing a rightwing agenda ahdered to by it's owner Rupert Murdoch.

2. Watching a documentary which you base your world view being broadcast by a channel whose previous home produced output has been

-World's [blankest] [blanks]

Insert the followed (wildest, craziest, wackiest, sexyist) and (police chases, animal attacks, supermodel) where appropriate.

-And the ground breaking recent "Bras uncovered"

• Advertisement

That documentary last night (and I use the term documentary very loosely) was one of the worst researched I have ever seen. The presenter spoke to 3 crackpots who threw out some of the most ridiculous theories and statements I have ever heard. Come on,who believes these guys rob graves?? Bullsh*t.

I think Deconstruct hit the nail on the head when he said its simply capitalism,end of story.

The European round table of industrialists, www.ert.be, (our very own Smurfit being one of them) are exactly what any conspiracy theorist would call 'illuminati'
    They dictate EU policy across a whole range of subjects.
    Are the public allowed access to the meetings? Hell no,why should they?
    And there is no big conspiracy theory about it. They are business men protecting their interests. It doesnt make it right but there is f all we can do about it.

Advertisement