Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illuminati

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mycroft wrote:

Didn't you feel a tiny bit Alanis Morissette about having that world view while watching a documentary on Sky???

Tried to +rep ya Mycroft for that, but the Maaaaaaachine won't let me. Its the illuminati at work I tell thee.

I'll just have to show you some public love instead.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

I'll just have to show you some public love instead.

Please not in front of the children :o

Though if you're up for I know spot for dogging ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mycroft wrote:
    Please not in front of the children :o

Though if you're up for I know spot for dogging ;)

You obviously missed the L...

;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

That documentary last night (and I use the term documentary very loosely) was one of the worst researched I have ever seen. The presenter spoke to 3 crackpots who threw out some of the most ridiculous theories and statements I have ever heard. Come on,who believes these guys rob graves?? Bullsh*t.

Its on on Sky Mix now and they have produced evidence that it really exists - a photocopy of a genuine Illuminati membership booklet (just like any totally secret society has) ! Wow gee.. such proof eh ? Looked a bit like the secret agent one I got from Peter Lord in Warlord many years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

parsi wrote:
    Wow gee.. such proof eh ? Looked a bit like the secret agent one I got from Peter Lord in Warlord many years ago...

Ah God that takes me back...to the days before rich western kids became deeply paranoid about paranoia.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

You know , Deconstruct has single handly rescued this thread from the depths of irrelevance. Probably should still go to recycle bin or at best after hours but still hes struggled bravely.

Only thing Id say is why would he consider capitalism, the triumph of private interests, as being a controlling manipulative force when it is individuals operating in their own interests, or coming together to form corporations? It has no grand dream for humanity beyond making profit for individuals. Everything else is a byproduct.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Oh, damn that programme was ridiculous. Do you honestly believe that the Illuminati (they do exist ladies and gentlemen, my uncle and his friends joined it in college, some are still in the low levels of the group, others have left) would allow that programme to be broadcast if it contained ANY damning evidence of their intentions? It was the same as the Bush and Titanic episodes. These shows just play of the Age of Paranoia, breaking no new ground. It's just Sky One folks, entertainment and ratings are paramount, no matter what the means. So along with that is the typical SKY One sensationalism.

The group do exist. They recruit mostly corporate upstarts, either in college or fresh from. What they would consider elites. They have publically stated before that they are not a secret organisation (that remains to be seen). they are seen largely as a social club. Basically, it is believed that if you are to succeed in the corporate or "elite" world, you must be a member. Now, while it remains to be seen that this organisation is a being of pure malevolence, they do not lie when they say that Satanic (or luciferian) imagery becomes obvious in the organisation, the higher up you go. I would like to get you all some evidence, once I find a friend of mine (ultra-liberal) who has a keen interest in the group's motives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Keitho

mycroft wrote:
    Whats fascinating about this kind of garbage is it's the easiest thing to swallow for the left.

"Why do these people do this?"

"cause they're evil"

So many anti globalisation protestors (and I'm on your side here mate) believe that they're "good" and the IMF WTO etc are "evil"

Its a gross over simplification but it's easier to stomach for someone who isn't interested in really plumming the depths of the "why" and "how" of the global political and economic situtation and just want everything to be equated in star wars "good" and "evil" terms.

These are the same people who accuse the government of gross stupidity and incompendence, while at the same time suggesting they're capable of profoundly complex plots to keep the masses stupid.

I'd highly recommend
    [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0393051242/103-3859
    698-3908619?v=glance]this[/URL] book. The author is the former head of the world bank and he breaks down the thinking and flawed economic models of the world bank to demostration it's logic.

The suggestion that the world is wrong by some highly secret and hidden society is actually much easier to believe then the truth.

Oh and I can't believe I get to be the first to say this, but

FNORD

BAAAHHHAAAA HAA HAA HA!!!

Hi

I know what you're saying regarding the simplistic separation of the world powers into good and evil. The only thing I will say is that all of history's greatest ever tyrants are considered by all of the world's people to be evil in the sense of the word. Eg. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc.
    Consider this sceanario:
    Lets say you're a Jewish citizen in Berlin or Warsaw or any other major European city in the early Nineteen thirties and someone is talking to you in a pub one night and tells you of a plot(conspiracy if you may) he read about relating to a little known political thug who is at the moment being funded and backed by wealthy families and faceless powers and intends to seize control of Germany and all of Europe and try to exterminate most of the Jewish race to pave the way for a world domination with the Arayan race at the forefront.
    You're going to laugh in his face, tell him to stop being a paranoid freak and no doubt he will be labelled a conspiracy theorist by his friends behind his back Right?
    Such sceanarios did happen and so did the rants of the "Paranoid" jew.
    People are wrong to assume we live in a world where such past events are no longer going to happen due to the civilized nature of the world. A civilized nature where a country like America can unilaterally invade a country posing no threat to itself or the rest of the world and in turn has turned the world on its most volatile state since WW2.
    I don't call myself a conspiracy theorist but I am a realist and firmly believe many of the world's devastating events do not happen by accident. People who don't do a lot of research are the ones who condem and laugh at those that have done their homework on the subject and have views that might seem to be a little unorthodox
    Always have an open mind.

Truth goes through three stages.

First it's ridiculed
    Then its violently opposed
    Then its accepted as being self evident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Keitho wrote:
    Lets say you're a Jewish citizen in Berlin or Warsaw or any other major European city in the early Nineteen thirties and someone is talking to you in a pub one night and tells you of a plot(conspiracy if you may) he read about relating to a little known political thug who is at the moment being funded and backed by wealthy families and faceless powers and intends to seize control of Germany and all of Europe and try to exterminate most of the Jewish race to pave the way for a world domination with the Arayan race at the forefront.
    You're going to laugh in his face, tell him to stop being a paranoid freak and no doubt he will be labelled a conspiracy theorist by his friends behind his back Right?

Alternatively I could point out how that wacky german was infulenced himself by the book "the protocols of Zion" a popular conspiracy theory widely believed in 1910-20s europe and america. It stated that there was a world conspiracy of jews who ruled the world from behind the scenes. Read about it here

Hitler was huged infulenced by this conspiracy theory and it helped fuel the rising tide of anti semitism across europe. Furthermore considering jewish progroms were not limited to nazi germany, they occured before across europe, so if I was jewish and in Austria in 1930s I'd probably have said
    "Oi Ve, again???"
    I don't call myself a conspiracy theorist but I am a realist and firmly believe many of the world's devastating events do not happen by accident. People who don't do a lot of research are the ones who condem and laugh at those that have done their homework on the subject and have views that might seem to be a little unorthodox

I am a realist, and you apparently haven't done the research.

It's easier to dig a funny little conspiracy hole and disappear down it, then look for the truth, look stupid by association.

What conspiracys do do is waste time effort and energy working on a spurious argument and make the people who really want to get to the bottom of the cause and effect of global events.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The Illuminati are a fairytale. Just like Religeon, Benevolant Dictatorship (outside the realm of boards.ie and the like), Communism being a workable form of government and democracy being the most intelligent way to rule.

Democracy is in essence the rule of the mob (as an old sig of Syxpak's used to read: "Committees are something that take minutes and waste hours"), Communism starts off as a utopian ideal but in essence becomes a hereditory dictatorship that makes a mockery of the ideals it started out with. Just because someone is born to wealthy parents does not make them a better person than a normal person. It doesn't mean, howeverm that they should have to give you half their wealth in the name of "social justice".

The government's role (IMHO) is to ensure that taxes are collected in a manner that ensures an individual's contribution to the state is in line with their ability to pay and to use that money to provide education, healthcare, justice for all the inhabitants of that state and a stable economic environment where all citizens have an opportunity to make something of themselves. At this point, however, it's obligations to it's citizens should end.

It's funny how few taxpayers agree with the idea of Communism or a system whereby one can draw from state resources without contributing anything back to it. It seems to me that the majority of those that do agree with these ideals are those that would benefit most from such a scheme (i.e. those that want a free ride in life).

It's almost always these people who fall into the conspiracy theorist category. Those that WANT to believe it's someone else's fault their life isn't a success. Sure, the government is rife with corruption but quite simply these are the actions of individuals. Even the worst offenders in this regard in this country, Fianna Fail, are almost entirely made up of people with only the best of intentions (however misguided). If all the conspiracy theorists could just put the same time and effort into well researched investigative journalism on the shady practices of our leaders or indeed into getting into government themselves you'd find the real cause of all your woes: human nature. By our very nature, all humans (barring a miniscule minority of the likes of Mother Theresa) act in our own best interest. If your best interests are to ensure that the bogeyman of "Big Business" doesn't ruin the world, get yourself or someone who shares your beliefs elected, put new legislation into place and ensure more transparency and accountability exists in this country. Don't dream up secret societies that rule the world from behind the system, get into the system yourself, discover that they don't exist and improve it from within. It worked for the Greeks in Troy didn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Well the Bilderberg group most certainly is real. Meets yearly under great secrecy.
    When it was exposed it was claimed that this was for security reasons.
    I remember seeing a documentary about it on C4 which, unusualy for C4 was never repeated (to my knowledge).
    As for that crap on Sky about the Illuminati the style in which the documentary was done was to take the piss out of everyone and as such discredit their work.
    If thats Sky's idea of serious journalism I hope they stop now and stick to the Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The Illuminati forum is private, how can I access it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

All this is is another way for the individual to avoid responsiblity for their own life and reality. It's just the same with religion and science. We let ourselves be limted by what we are told the world around us is.

We all know this deep down.

Nick

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The illuminati board is a private forum for people who met on Boards and wanted to talk about things that I wouldnt have tolerated be discussed in public for reasons of taste and underage concerns. They gave it the name because at the time there was a Freemason board which served exactly the same purpose for a different group of people from Boards. Both named their private forums such names to drive the "conspiracy theorists" on boards nuts. Search for "Kim Tae Woo" for example.

Obviously I'd say this though, I am after all, a freemason.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Advertisement