Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are people playing...

• 24-09-2004 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

just want a bit of a heads up ... what are people playing at the moment ? :) and I need to know what I should buy

I'm currently addicted to enemy territory as I have been last few years ... just curious what people are gonna be playing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

There'll be alot of cs, quake 1/3 and battlefield 1942/vietnam/dc played plus a few others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

yah i'd say the games you have will do for the moment no need to buy any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'm debating getting star wars battle front ... :) it looks damn damn tasty .. one of my friends strongly recommened it ... will hopefully know more this weekend

also have battlefield 1942 ... lying around somewhere and c&c generals.. hmm but generals really ain't my kinda thing these days ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Pick up a copy of WH40K: Dawn of War.

I want to play it against someone.

hmmm can safely say I recognise no one .. from the uni anymore :confused: I've been gone too long ...

ah well ... you'll have that I guess ... I'm assuming this lan is open to general public ... ?? if so I may be able to get another 2 or 3 people interested ...

• Advertisement

error9 wrote:
    hmmm can safely say I recognise no one .. from the uni anymore :confused: I've been gone too long ...

ah well ... you'll have that I guess ... I'm assuming this lan is open to general public ... ?? if so I may be able to get another 2 or 3 people interested ...

It is totally public.
    We're nolonger holding them in the college as the time restrictions were a bit of a problem.

ah the ... right there lads now you're not supposed to be here you know and is that "alcohol" ... good grief ... not on the college campus and certainly not during ragweek ... money grubbing ****ards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

SyxPak wrote:
    Pick up a copy of WH40K: Dawn of War.

I want to play it against someone.

ya sum1 has gotta get that. the demo kicks a double s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Looking forward to it....

Error9: you can download quakeworld (quake1 with 32 bit textures....) at http://equake.quakeworld.nu

The mods for retail games (quake3...) will be shared at the LAN (probably on the servers, but I'll have them up anyways).

If you don't have any games, I'd recommend buying cheap copies of quake3 and cs (and upgrade cs with steam etc....*shudder*), download qw. Try and get bf upgraded and get Desert Combat on it (the patches'll be up on ftp servers but it takes a long time to install them on the average machine).

There will be others played, but undoubtably (how the fuck do you spell that), these will be the main ones.

see you there,
    que

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

get ut2004 if you want a chance at seducing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

ut2k, I'll buy that for a dollar

im playin Doom 3 atm. That game is unreal

hmm... to be honest doom 3's a slight let down ... I just don't know .. its great and everything .. but I think tis been so long in dev .. and its so hyped that I'm a bit dissappointed with it ... there isn't really anything ... NEW ... apart from it testing my new pc :P .. I just don't know ... its not quite how I'd pictured it being ...

fair play to the lads for releasing a 3 level demo though .. still up to their old tricks ...

edit: ... the game is doom 3 .. not unreal ...

oh what a sad sad little joke :P

i no wat ya mean, thought that with a few games myself but, Doom 3's atmosphere and story really appeal to me and looks excellent. btw wats ur new pc's spec?

it was just a komplett jobby ...
    3ghz p4 ... 512 mb ram .. 128 mb 9800 pro ati ...
    and just got a nice little 17 inch samsung .. and wireless router to go with it .. the lads in my house are impressed but they aren't computer people... :)

edit: one of these puppys ...
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=301152&cks=PRL

lol wat a coincidence, have got the same specs but am getin a 18inch phillips flatscreen for E450:cool: its excellent as i already have one for the old pc.

I think the last game that really made me go **** this is cool ... was GTA3 ... I'm eagerly awaiting san andreas ....

oh I think I should have star wars battlefront on monday... its meant to be good too .. and well loving the whole SW universe as I do I'll probably like it... :)

am planning on getting a 21 inch for christmas :P ... well I kinda need it for some graphics work ... well ok a normal crt would do as well .. but it just wouldn't be quite so nerdy .. :D

me bows my head in shame at 21">18" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

"well ok a normal crt would do as well .. but it just wouldn't be quite so nerdy .. "
    Actually CRT's are more so for gamers, better quality unless u have a dvi flatsceen... I'll not buy a flatscreen for gaming yet!

• Advertisement

all depends on what you need it for .. for maya I need 1600x1200 ... so hence the 21 inch ... hopefully .. actually I'm hoping they drop the prices a lot in the next while ...

me 17 inch ... was 360 from komplett ... nice ... 1 dead pixel though :( ... but bloody nice :)

Wireless router you say? What wireless router I say!

Gimme specs, and lots off'em!

que

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

oh yeah.
    i'll be organising some kind of Vice City MTA game this time round... be prepared!
    (well, have vc installed)

specs .. god dammit .. :) wasted btw .. but its just a 3com home office wireless router .. 4 port .. funnily enough don't really need more from home .... that said its beginning to look like nerd paradise here well the flatmates are happy enough ...

its g ... so its fast enough as well :)

fair enough not for games .... I'm working so ... games aren't my priority ... size of monitor and space is so :)

this tft isn't half bad .. considering its bottom of the range ... I'm well chuffed .. :)

Can that one use the new "TURBO MODE" for 108meg action?

I use 802.11b cus I'm poor.

que

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah i'll play mta. The new version is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

the new mta is lagsville...

plus sometimes people dont even show up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

mta is awful.. people dont even show up on your screen half the time, and its impossible to hit anyone :(

I'm taking it that no one's playing ET then ... dammit .. heavily addicted :D

• Advertisement

Fobia wrote:
    Can that one use the new "TURBO MODE" for 108meg action?

That's just using 2 channels at once.
    It's a cheap hack.

Advertisement