Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux

Options
  • 24-09-2004 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

lo again all i was just wondering is what is the password to get into the linux accounts on the computers in the computer labs in teh science building or where do u get them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The linux machines are tied into a network authentication dealie, so there's no local username & password. You'll be given a username and password when you need Linux for coursework.
    I don't know, but it's possible if you ask the Comp Sci admin nicely, he'll set one up for you.

Have you tried your Novell username (without context) and password?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

seamus is right, you don't automatically get one. AFAIK 2nd yr and up computer science students can get one. But if you asked nicely you'll probably get one.

There is also a pure Linux lab in the maths department. Any maths or maths phys student can get one. (Pass maths in 1st year counts AFAIK). Speak to Dr. Mackey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

seamus wrote:
    Have you tried your Novell username (without context) and password?
    Na the username is like that but the password is randomally generated stuff that gets given to you so your Novell pass will not work. I can't figure out why they don't give them to 1st years as soon as they come in :confused:

Advertisement