Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail 250mb?

Options
  • 24-09-2004 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭

Anyone else signed into their hotmail today & for some strange reason now have 250mb of storage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

No :confused: but i do know that has been on the cards for at least 2months+ they are to do it sometime soon. Lucky you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

more hot air from MS, anyone want a gmail invite PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

They're just doing it to try and compete with Gmail and Yahoo!.

That said when r they upgrading it cuz i'm still goign to use my hotmail account until gmail is out of beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭fletch

Gizzard wrote:
    more hot air from MS, anyone want a gmail invite PM me
    My work colleague signed in today and it said your are using 1% of 250mb....she did not pay for Hotmail plus or any bul1sht like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

You can sign up for as many eircom e-mail accounts as you like, with 50MB mailboxes, and the ability to access the mail via webmail or POP, and the interface is far more streamlined thab hotmail.

You don't have to use eircom as an ISP to access these mail accounts (you might have to dial in to eircoms pay-as-you-go 1892-150-150 service for a few minutes to set it up), but once the account is set up, you can access it from whatever ISP you normally use.

Why bother with Hotmail?

Because if you ever leave ireland for business etc. eircom.net is a no go its a nightmare to access. With hotmails server replications all over the world it works much better but i use gmail not as it is much faster than eircom and msn.

Because if you ever leave ireland for business etc. eircom.net is a no go its a nightmare to access. With hotmails server replications all over the world it works much better but i use gmail not as it is much faster than eircom and msn.
    ?? I've only ever tried to access it from the US, and I never had any problems (on a number of different networks).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Still 2MB for me here.

I've tried it all over europe, far east and the US some places are fine but most i found to be very very slow so i dont use it any more.

But this is off the main topic. Enen though im phasing out my hotmail id like to see it bumped to 250Mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Na it's still 2MB ~ maybe she got the 250MB early because you work for The Great Satan - sorry I mean Microsoft. Did she sign up for any sort of testing for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭fletch

Na it's still 2MB ~ maybe she got the 250MB early because you work for The Great Satan - sorry I mean Microsoft. Did she sign up for any sort of testing for it?
    Nope & she don't work for Microsoft either...she works for a vendor company

fletch wrote:
    Nope & she don't work for Microsoft either...she works for a vendor company
    It's being done in chronological order.

Looks like it. I have an account from 1998 that's been upgraded, and one from 2000 that hasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

my 1997 (pre-microsoft) account is still 2MB :(

still had a four letter password uptil recently :)

tribble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Neither of my 1997 accounts have been upgraded (yet?).

newgrange wrote:
    Neither of my 1997 accounts have been upgraded (yet?).
    It seems it's actually been done by server not time based so it depends on what server your account is hosted on when you get the extra storage. I'm also still 2 MB but I'm sure in one or two days we will all have 250MB

When I log out of the account that has been upgraded, I'm redirected to www.msn.com. When I log out of the account that hasn't been upgraded, I'm redirected to www.msn.co.uk.

(I have no idea what information I submitted when I created the accounts, but I presume I must have said something about Ireland in my profile for the second one. Though why they think that msn.co.uk is any more relevant to an Irish person than msn.com I don't know).

So I wonder if they're upgrading "US" accounts and not "international" accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

my account still has not been upgraded to 250mb yet!

Ripwave wrote:
    So I wonder if they're upgrading "US" accounts and not "international" accounts?
    Could be....my account states I live in Quatar or Zirconia or East-Somalia or some such place, so I may be upgraded next year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Had my account for years, its been just touching the limit of the 2meg capacity for months now. Can't wait for this upgrade :)

Advertisement