Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation points abuse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I reacon at this stage this tread has gone completly off topic. We're not going to get anywhere with this stupid slagging match.

My final point on this topic is :

Reputation Points = Popularity Contest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

and you wonder why you're losing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Verdammt wrote:

Why thank you for that illuminating insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wiw4

Anyone want to exchange the green with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

wiw4 wrote:

That sounds sick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wiw4

sick enough for a bit of green.....................................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

sorry to push this thread slightly off topic ... yet staying kinda on topic :) I've NEVER been able to find a "list all karma points you've gotten since the damn things were turned on" linky anywhere on my CP ... does it exist? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

I dont think so only the last five.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

ah - pretty pooey so :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Verdammt wrote:
    I reacon at this stage this tread has gone completly off topic. We're not going to get anywhere with this stupid slagging match.

My final point on this topic is :

Wow, everyone must love the fuck out of me so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

everyone must love the fuck out of me so.

I know I do big boy.

RAR eek.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

someone posted

There seems to be a lot of lonley people on the board...suggestion at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=190191

i then posted

yeah but
    the people post on these boards late into the night are probably freaks!

at Today, _01:32_

and someone gave me bad rep???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Wow, everyone must love the fuck out of me so.

Not as much as they love me. NEENER! NEENER! I GOT MORE GREEN THAN YOU! :p

I know I do big boy.

RAR eek.gif
    Oh major!

amp you bast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I've had bad rep given for petty reasons. One person gave me bad rep for saying "I don't wear lipstick or lip gloss or any of that ****e".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Shut the **** up about students. At least we're achieving something.

Excuse me while I lol but I got this for telling parasite students to drink less and study more - obviously Tarquin from Blackrock got upset at me implying that his grant would be better spent studying and not necking Heino in the pub near the rindabite.

Student ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Reputation points really prove nothing. Goody goody agreeable posters will always get more good rep from the great unwashed than those that use their intellect to think for themselves and might go against the grain now and then.

I think at least nick recognition should be turned on for rep points as Dev is fond of saying "You own your words", so why implement such an anonymous system?

.logic.

Methinks Cloud has Cloud has hax'd thine system.

Abuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Damn those goody-goody two-shoe wearing, mod luving, cattle driving, marriage wrecking, poodle walking, lip-gloss applying, student drinking, late-night posting BASTARDS.

Yes, I said it, and I stand by my words.

Woa!

Now thats abuse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

logic1 wrote:
    I think at least nick recognition should be turned on for rep points as Dev is fond of saying "You own your words", so why implement such an anonymous system?

.logic.

I think all the people giving me red apples would be the first casualty of that little change. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Hobbes wrote:
    I think all the people giving me red apples would be the first casualty of that little change. :D

If you cross reference the rep given time with the time a user last posted on the thread sometimes it gives a good indication of where it came from ;)

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

logic1 wrote:
    If you cross reference the rep given time with the time a user last posted on the thread sometimes it gives a good indication of where it came from ;)

.logic.

Nah, the really crafty ones tend to -rep ya for off-thread posts, to throw you off the scent...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

This must be how professors and teachers feel when their institution uses one of the anon rating systems:

'U suck Prof. White! I fell asleep during Applied Astro-Physics 101 - why can't u liven it up a little?! Throw a party or someting. In school my fav. teacher brought candies to class. Just think about it, k? P.S. I think ur hot and I need an A+ to get into Trinity's PhD programme'

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

I seem to have gotten at least 2 neg from a now banned member!!

is there anything that can be done??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ionapaul wrote:
    This must be how professors and teachers feel when their institution uses one of the anon rating systems:

'U suck Prof. White! I fell asleep during Applied Astro-Physics 101 - why can't u liven it up a little?! Throw a party or someting. In school my fav. teacher brought candies to class. Just think about it, k? P.S. I think ur hot and I need an A+ to get into Trinity's PhD programme'

rofl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

smokey2 wrote:
    I seem to have gotten at least 2 neg from a now banned member!!

is there anything that can be done??

I suggest you call the Garda immediately. In other news I woke up this morning to discover that I have become a Glorious Beacon of Light. This made typing on a keyboard impossible so I am currently inputting this via my optical input port.

Hail Ikthor!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Haha, smokey2. I meant to ban you ages ago, didn't get around to it, forgot you existed, and then you popped up again and reminded me. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

mechanima wrote:
    Unless this was a sincere expression of feeling about the controversial, violent, and sexual nature of the post I cannot help relating it to a PM suggestion I made last week to an administrator about improving a forum that isn't really working for any of the potential users...due to an unfortunate choice of moderator

My ears ... Or in this case eyes are burning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

wiw4 wrote:

We used to call that swopping snots where I came from! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement