Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor GPRS Problems

• 24-09-2004 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38

Has anyone succesfully got Internet Connectivity from a PC via GPRS on Meteor working ?

My setup : Phone: Sagem MyX5-2 .
    O.S.: Windows XP Home, with Sagem Wellphone software.
    Connecting to phone via IRDA.

I can connect to Meteor, get an IP address, DNS, etc., but no luck actually connecting to anything in the outside world ! I can't lookup hosts in DNS, ping IP addresses, etc.
    Has anyone got further than this ?
    Note that GSM connectivity (also via IRDA) to my ISP works fine, but, of course, it's a little slow :-(
    Also note that WAP over GPRS from the phone itself works fine.

No joy so far from meteor support - will try to get through to someone more technical, though, and post any success here !

journeyman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, have had success with a PC (IR and BT) using a Nokia to connect, havent' tried with a Sagem though, this is what i used...

dialling: *99#
    extra init string (in modem properties): AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","isp.mymeteor.ie"
    user/pass seems to be generic i just used:
    user: my
    pass: isp

on connection I get an IP in 212.129.64.x with a router of 10.6.6.6 and able to browse/mail ok

also working grand on the Mac over BT with the relevant script for the handset from Ross Barkman

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hi Dub wireless

I am trying to do the same as journeyman and I tried those settings on a 7250i using dns 10.085.085.085 I got a message It was registering on the network but then it disconnected . Would you have any idea whats up. Do I need to set a gateway?

TIA

Tom

hi, i just left all the IP info (IP, Router, DNS) blank and it was assigned on connection

are you using the Nokia Suite (Modem Options) to connect or setting up manally and applying the modem's GPRS Extra INIT string yourself?

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

hi, i just left all the IP info (IP, Router, DNS) blank and it was assigned on connection

are you using the Nokia Suite (Modem Options) to connect or setting up manally and applying the modem's GPRS Extra INIT string yourself?

BrianG

Thanks for the reply Dub

I was manuallly applying the init string in modem properties in windows. I will try it in Nokia Suite .It's my brothers phone so I won,t get to do that untill later on but I will post my results.

Thanks again

Tom

hi, i tend to go the manual route too, perhaps check you are using the latest 7250i modem drivers...

may need to check / confirm with Meteor support if the isp.mymeteor.ie access point is enabled (provisioned) for the account...

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 journeyman

Thanks for the info, DubWireless. I finally got through to someone more technical at Meteor, and am now up and running ! They really should post this info on their web site (perhaps it's there, but I couldn't find it anywhere).

Unfort., it's quite slow - not as quick as I would expect a 56k modem to be.
    In fact GSM to my ISP is quicker - perhaps it's an issue with Meteor's connectivity. I'll try again at some stage, and see if it improves.

journeyman

Advertisement