Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing sterling in dublin city ?

• 24-09-2004 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

I think at this point of my continous life posting i will have to nominate the after hours forum for 'mother of the year' collective wise of course.

Anyhow, i was in belfast and i return home and have sterling notes, is there anywhere i can change it to euro commision free, i have a bank of ireland account but no card on me. I have a student card tho if that helps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bandraoi

anywhere you go will charge either a commission or put a margin on the exchange rate (which usually works out as the same thing)

Can I suggest that you ask around people you know and find someone who is heading to Poundland soon or goes there regularly and then swap with them using the official exchange rate, that way both of you will gain.

There may even be someone around here who'll do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lodging it to you BOI account only attracts the conversion rate, no FEX transaction charge.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

how much is it? i'm off to london soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bandraoi

Victor wrote:
    Lodging it to you BOI account only attracts the conversion rate, no FEX transaction charge.

that's brilliant, I didn't know that, I'm based in the UK but there is still some money in my Irish account and people sometimes give me money for Christmas etc.

Advertisement