Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finally the cops wise up aka whens the last time you saw a crash on a motorway

Options
  • 24-09-2004 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

See in the paper today the guards have finally
    1. Targeted pubs/clubs at closing times on weekends
    2. Will patrol 2ndary road at these times
    3. Focus less on comparatively safe easy-win motorways

Seems to me that listen to the news on any Monday morning and predominantly the deaths are 3am, single car accidents, with occasional head ons and other variants

I have no wish to speak ill of the dead but odds are that a good number of them were pissed and/or at least 'intoxicated' by empty roads and a chance to go for a good burn at speeds to which they are unaccustomed or in cars which are unsuitable

As the politicians might say - this is to be applauded - and think of the overtime for aul gardai - there won't be a late night doughnut to be had for miles.

Valid exceptions to my sweeping generalisations exist and I accept them already :-)

Kinch

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Will it actually happen though!
    I'll believe it when I see it. I know for a fact that in many places in rural Ireland, the local gardai do not want to catch someone they know DUI!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

About time if it actually happens but I have my doubts, after all its bloody cold these nights. Something needs to be done to lower the carnage so maybe the Gov will make sure this is implemened .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Well they had one of the GATSO vans parked illegally on the M1 yesterday evening, nice to see them doing nothing useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

must admit to being surprised to meet cops who were artually doing something useful while driving home from dublin today. they were getting rid of a car broken down by the side of the road, only took 3 of em to do it too. they were running tax and insurance checks yesterday on the cork/dublin road too

Advertisement