Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US DVD Spending Spree

Options
  • 11-04-2000 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Right i'm going off to Seattle tomorrow so what cool dvds are there that i can get. Thinking along the lines of sci fi and recent releases that haven't (will not) made it here yet.

Tincool looks over at gandalf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err how long are u over in the states.

On release at the moment is The Sixth Sense, Three Kings, err ffs just check a site out like www.dvdexpress.com they list all the new releases on there along with the up and coming ones.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

DVD's are pretty expensive in US stores, it's much cheaper just to order them from DvdExpress - The Insider just came out aswell BTW.
    One thing less to look forward to when going on holiday....Unless you're looking for good adult DVD's.....Not that I would of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Prices are $12 - $60 depending on title.

Average price is $20-30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Which means that, given the utterly sh1te conversion rate between the Punt and the Dollar right now (thanks to the Euro dropping the ar$e out of our currency), DVDs aren't that much cheaper over there than over here.

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah Rob,

But two things to watch out for,

1. They are normally realised on DVD when they're out in the cinema here.

2. The US versions are normally (Although this is starting to get better) far superior regards extras etc than the European releases.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement