Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CM 00/01 "With Ball"/"Without Ball"

• 24-09-2004 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

I have CM 00/01 and have never achieved much with any of my teams. I have always wondered about the "With Ball" and "Without Ball" screens in the formation/tactics screen.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to use that and more importantly, will it help my results?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

been a while since i used that version, essentially where do you want them when they have possession of the ball? I got good results (if i remember correctly) with a 4-4-1-1 with the AM to the left and behind the SC with the AM making runs towards the SC, its been a while though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

thats pretty similar to the tactics I usually use although mine is more 4 3 1 2 .. thats 4 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders (all pretty much central (dmc), one attacking midfielder (central) and two centre forwards (the two full backs making runs up, and the two defenscive midfielders making runs) ... maybe doesn't work everytime .. but if you've got a good team you'll do well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I have this version of the game. Haven't played it much, due to the fact that these games go slow, even with minimum database. I've had other versions of Championship Manager too and never really bothered with the "With Ball"/"Without Ball" thing. I've done fine without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

yeah i haven't played this version for a while but i don't remember ever using the with/without ball screens too much. unless you make huge changes to them i think it would be hard to spot any differences they make.

i used to just do a lot of very small changes, like for example pushing the full backs higher up the pitch whenever we had possession, or maybe making one of my central midfielders drop back more without the ball away from home.

not sure what effect, if any, they had though.

Advertisement