Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving with no license

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Diabolus wrote:
    But i dont plan to live in this country for more than 6 months more.
    I'd like to see how you'll leave this country with a criminal conviction! Or how you'll get a job in another country.
    Diabolus wrote:
    im a 19yr old muppet.
    We alredy know that. To the prisoners, you'll be "fresh meat" in more than one way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Diabolus wrote:
    I'm an assh0le

Edited for effect, message remains the same.

You complain about the insurance costs, but have done all you can to help increase them.
    You complain about the driving test, but have done all you can to prove why its necessary.
    You say you're not above the law, but you don't care to follow it.
    And everytime you call yourself a muppet, I can't help but read a little pride in there...

Do us all a favour. Forget the six months thing. Go now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Go now...
    ...and don't come back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

I hope your father gave you the kick in the ass, and one hell of a punch in the back of your thick head that you deserve. Cop on to yourself, you are still young, learn from this, there are enough g0b*****s on the road with out you adding to the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

My brother got caught with no insurance. Was in court in June. Got two years off the road and 1250 fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The fine is so pathetic, it's less than the cost of the insurance in most cases :(

Yep. Least its a kick in the ass when they can't go on the road again. My father is a stickler for having insurance etc etc and my brother pretended he had insurance. Day he got caught he cried like a baby. He is in his late 20's should have known better. He was petrified as the soliciter told him he might get jail. (had a previous driving offense ~rolleyes~) Consequences, he won't be driving for a long time even when the endorsement comes off as his insurance will be something like 7000 (thats how much he got quoted for a 1ltr before the latest offense). He was also a teleporter (or whatever it is) driver, so lost his job.

Serves him right. I bust my ass to pay insurance and everything and the likes of these people that just don't bother with it. Makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No offence Going Demented, but your brother sounds like a complete asshole. We're better off without him on the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

should be instant 5yr ban for no license and no insurance...and time in the big house if they do it again.

I hope your stay here is forceably extended courtesy of a raving mad judge. Hope some shaven headed 19yr old knacker takes his 15yr old daughters virginity the day before your trial.

seamus wrote:
    No offence Going Demented, but your brother sounds like a complete asshole. We're better off without him on the roads.

No offense taken.

Guess he had the same stupid mentality of the original poster. Trying to save a few quid and not thinking of other people they are endangering. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

I hope you go to prison and lose your virginity there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 3cups

Sorry guys but this is a troll plain and simple, just another kid looking for a bit of sensationalism on a boring weekend. The tone of the post and some of the expressions used are the telltale signs.

The bald guy reference is a total giveaway, but funny at the same time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I kind of figured it was a troll, especially by the way he replied back shit stirring with the likes of "don't care". That's not to say that this kind of thing still doesn't happen all the time and the people involved really don't care.

Like on this other thread, the post by "Vibrant" - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1943165#post1943165 , deliberately prompted him with "and the person accompanying you?" and of course got the expected response. Didn't bother trying to argue with him, would have just ended up spamming the thread. I mean I have to pay rediculous insurance just to be babysat in the car until I get my test, but of course that doesn't mean anyone else should obey the law :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

3cups wrote:
    Sorry guys but this is a troll plain and simple, just another kid looking for a bit of sensationalism on a boring weekend. The tone of the post and some of the expressions used are the telltale signs.

The bald guy reference is a total giveaway, but funny at the same time. :rolleyes:
    3t1t$!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,394 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

a troll for sure
    3t1t$!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: heard that somewhere else...

the_syco, fix your sig, 386 doesn't go with SDRAM :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

the_syco wrote:
    I'd like to see how you'll leave this country with a criminal conviction! Or how you'll get a job in another country.

We alredy know that. To the prisoners, you'll be "fresh meat" in more than one way!
    It's no problem leaving this country with a record, and it's even easier to get a job in another country with a record than it is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

Diabolus wrote:
    Ok before the flame war starts on telling me im a muppet,
    i already know that bit. But heres the story.

I was driving for the last 2 days with no licence.
    I got pulled over today as there were 3 other bald guys in the car with me.
    They searched us but then asked for my licence.
    I havent got one but told them i didnt bring it with me.
    They impounded the car. What you reckon is gonna happen?

Also no licence means no insurance.
    Am i ****ed or what!
    And to make things worse, they probably think you're gay because of the "Right Said Fred" guys that were in the car with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

seamus wrote:
    Driving without a licence is two points if you pay the fine. Up to 5 points if there is a court appearance.

I don't quite understand this bit. I'm not taking a cheap shot at you Seamus.

How do you put two penalty points on the licence of somebody whose offence is not to have a licence in the first place? Are the points kept on file until sometime in the future when the person actually gets a licence and then apply the penalty?

Hagar wrote:
    I don't quite understand this bit. I'm not taking a cheap shot at you Seamus.

How do you put two penalty points on the licence of sombody whose offence is not to have a licence in the first place? Are the points kept on file until sometime in the future when the person actually gets a licence and the apply the penalty?
    Dunno, I assume so. It seems a tad counterproductive though. Why would someone who's driving without a licence in the first place give a damn about penalty points?

Points are linked to your PPSN. So whatever you do while driving, and how many licences you hold (I hold two different ones for example), all of your offences are stored as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i suspose they'd go on it when they apply for their license in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I hope your stay here is forceably extended courtesy of a raving mad judge. Hope some shaven headed 19yr old knacker takes his 15yr old daughters virginity the day before your trial.
    Eh, bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

should be instant 5yr ban for no license and no insurance...and time in the big house if they do it again.

19-15=4 years old. WOW Dem knackers start young!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Pataman wrote:
    19-15=4 years old. WOW Dem knackers start young!
    :confused: eh?

Victor wrote:
    Eh, bad form.
    Cheers victor I've had enough bad rep from that post without you resurecting it.
    What surprised me was that everyone gave it so much attention considering it was a completely throwaway comment delivered against a post with a high likelyhood of being a troll. Totally bad taste of course but in keeping with the rest of the thread.

If I had said 16 would everyone been less offended?

Or isnt the odd 15 year old girl having underage sex on all your planets?

Incidentally wasnt the rep system designed specifically to save you having to post those sort of comments?

Or isnt the odd 15 year old girl having underage sex on all your planets?
    The odd one? Apparently some 15 year old kid was found on Leeson St the other night looking for a hooker. As they said on The Panel - "There are underage preganancies all over the place, and this 15 year old has to *pay* for sex? How ****ing ugly is this kid?"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

seamus wrote:
    As they said on The Panel - "There are underage preganancies all over the place, and this 15 year old has to *pay* for sex? How ****ing ugly is this kid?"
    Unfortunately I can't give you positive rep for that as I've done so recently, but it deserves some.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

sceptre wrote:
    Unfortunately I can't give you positive rep for that as I've done so recently, but it deserves some.

I'd offer to fill in for you Sceptre, but I'm in the same boat. There are some folk missing out on serious karma round these parts cos of the limitations...

Somebody show seamus some love!

I did! someone should get something positive outa this thread - even if it aint me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

No more feeding the trolls please - locked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement