Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Lola Run

Options
  • 15-03-2000 11:08am
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

This is a german film about a girl who has to find 100K in 20 minutes or her boyfriend is going to be killed.
    The film is really the same 20 odd minute short filmed three times with slightly different events and outcomes.
    I think it works quite well. The 3 stories are sufficiently different to keep you interested through out. It is quite a mixed bag of humour and seriousiness, but it all messes together well.
    The soundtrack was great as well.

Definitly worth a look.
    Oh - yeah, it's subtitled.

On a sperate note, when did Virgin change to UGC? And what the hell is the story with the *huge* queues?

Draco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yeah i saw that the Ster Century have a warning that Run Lola Run is subtitled - like omg!!! Reminds me of when I went to see Living in Oblivion, and Steve Buscemi's opening dream sequence is in black & white. Some gob$hite in the row in front of me turns tohis mate and goes 'oh ffs it's in black & white!!!' like that is an instant indication of it being crap.

As for the huge q's in Virgin, I already complained about them in the 3 Kings thread smile.gif it seems that if you want to go there now you should either get of their Megapass things or book by credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

re the queues - how would a megapass help ?
    don't you still have to get to the counter ?

their limited/sold out warnings are cack as well. the last two times I've gone - I tried to get into a limited show and ended up in a sold out one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

went to see it during the summer
    and i thought it was very cool
    sound track is meant to rock btw
    liked to strange cut-to seq's
    smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

It was a terrific way to spend last saturday evening in my book. the city of berlin looks good, the lead character, lola, is played by an actor perfect for the part and the soundtrack is the proverbial thumper. the direction is cool, the animation is a nice touch... 80 minutes of class entertainment. go see the movie (right after 3 kings) wink.gif

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

yep, virgin are muppets

Ask before ye "TAKE IT"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

got an IFC yearly membership and saw it there instead smile.gif, good for those films that multiplex's wont show.

The queues seem to be a daily occurance in every city centre cinema, fridays are particularly bad.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I got the sound track yesterday and it's fu<kin' great!

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Only way to skip the queues is to prebook by credit card, then you can go up to the credit card machiney thingys which only ever have 2 or 3 people queueing and it prints out your tickets on the spot.

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Castor, something similar happened to me when I went to see My Own Private Idaho.

About 15 guys in rugby shirts come in with popcorn and coke and everything. Sit down about two rows ahead of me and start horseplaying until the film comes on.
    For 5 mins they dont say anything, total silence, and then one of them says (in shock) "fook sake lads, he's bleedin gay!"
    All of them get up and leave.

I nearly wet myself, they'd arrived to see the latest River Phoenix / Keanu Reaves buddy flic, instead they got a readaptation of Henry VIII Part 1 with one gay guy and one narcoleptic!

DeV.

Yeh I saw My Own Private Idaho in UCI in Tallaght, I'd say at least 75 per cent of the audience had walked out before it ended. I've nver walked out of anything, tho I was tempted to walk out of this film i saw in around 1993.

Brian De Palma directed it, and John Lithgow was in as this ****ed up guy with multiple personalities, jesus it was so bad it was unreal. I can't remember the name of it now tho, anyone know?

• Advertisement

Just got to see Run Lola Run on DVD and it was superb. Most enjoyable, good acting, direction, neat animated touches, intriguing outcomes each time. DVD has Franka Potente's video for 'Beleive' as well, I want that woman's phone number smile.gif

Good soundtrack alright, but I wonder would it put off older folk who aren't into techno, it was fairly single minded. Quite short at only 76 minutes as well, but that's in the nature of the film I guess. Very highly recommended.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yeah, Gandalf had it at the LAN last weekend on DVD - I only saw the first 10 mins or so, but looked like a goodie. I'm keeping my eye out for it.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Saw Lola Rennt last Thursday and was vry impressed. Lola was one cool chic. Draco was it hard to get yer hands on the soundtrack or is it in most music stores ? Castor, the film you're thinking of is "Raising Cain" and man was that crap.. Anyone know what De Palma's new film "Mission to Mars" is meant to be like ?

Slán,
    jAH

Thanks jargha, couldn't remember that title for the life of me - it was irritating me smile.gif 'Mission to Mars' got a crap review in the Irish Times, said it was the usual overblown De Palma rubbish.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I got it in HMV on Grafton Street, so I assume that it will be pretty easy to pick up.

Draco

Advertisement