Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hurricane

Options
  • 14-04-2000 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I hadn't read or heard much about this film before going to see it tonight, so it was completely different to what I had expected - this is a good thing.

It was a very enjoyable way to spend two and a half hours, in my opinion smile.gif

Denzel Washington is GREAT in the role of Ruben Carter, the convicted boxer. I'd recommend this film to anyone ... Its not the typical prison flick - no shower-room rapes, no group of bad ba$tards, no lifelong companion prisoner-friends, etc.

And, apparently, its a true story too...

Go and see it.

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

<hup>

Come on, some of ye must have seen this by now biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rat

to hell with two and a half hours
    the bob dylan song will give you the jist
    of it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, that song is in the soundtrack smile.gif

Its a very entertaining two and a half hours though - which is the point i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Saw this in the Ster Century cinema out in Liffey Valley last night (I'm gonna make that cinema a more regular haunt, it's the best and most comfortable one in Dublin imho).

It's amazingly good; it's not hard to see how it got nominated for Oscars. The actual plotline is simple (and true), and the events of the film are quite predictable; but that isn't what the movie is about. It's the acting performances, and the screen chemistry between the primary characters, that makes this a great movie; Denzel Washington is particularly stunning in his role - I never really rated him that much as an actor before, but to my mind, this film does for him what American Beauty did for Kevin Spacey.

Well worth going to see.

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

In my opinion, he should have been THE hottest ticket in Holllywood after his performance in Virtuosity. Now that's cinema!

To tell you the truth I'm not in the mood lately for a prison drama. It'd just depress me. It does look good, you have to be in the right mood though.

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Advertisement
Advertisement