Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost

• 24-09-2004 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Anyone else seen this yet? It's the latest show from JJ Abrams. (Felicity, Alias)

The pilot aired in the states on wednesday. Pretty good, some very shocking moments, definately not an 8pm show. I highly recommend it though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Ah crap!

You ever reminded yourself a million times to watch something and then when it is on you find yourself sitting staring out the window, bored and wondering what to do!

I wanted to see that and now i went and missed it....

So it was good then? Thats nice!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Saw the pilot a couple of months ago when I was eh... at a special press screening. That was it. Anyway looks very promising and, being a big Alias fan, I have full faith in J.J.! Be interesting to see how they progress. Certainly like the diverse set of characters and the pilot introduced a few nice twists...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

saw the first episode
    looks pretty decent
    plane crashes on an island in the ocean 1000 miles off course (near figi r something)
    anyway there are some giant animals on the island (u dont actually see them in the first ep)
    its like jurassic park meets alive
    its pretty good though worth a look
    next 2-3 eps will tell if it is actually going 2 work or not
    heres hoping !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

ixoy wrote:
    Saw the pilot a couple of months ago when I was eh... at a special press screening. That was it. Anyway looks very promising and, being a big Alias fan, I have full faith in J.J.! Be interesting to see how they progress. Certainly like the diverse set of characters and the pilot introduced a few nice twists...

They only showed half the "leaked" pilot the first week. The show looks very promising and has some very hot chicks - particularly the one from Roswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Smurphy

I would love to see this as I am a massive Alias fan.

Anyone know if there are plans to air it over here??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It'll be interesting to see where they go with this. Is it Jurassic Park:The Series? Is it a 'Far Cry' type scenario with mutants? Or is it King Kong:The Series? Or something more original? :)

I really liked the first episode anyway. Good characters, interesting story, some horror elements, and alot of excellent potential....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The creators have made it very clear that there is a plausible explanation for the creature and that it is not a dinosaur.

And now one of the big questions (but not THE BIG question): What is that thing in the bushes? We know it's not a dinosaur. Was it always NOT a dinosaur?
    "JJ and I have always known what it was and we're VERY discriminating about who we tell, because that's one of the biggest secrets of the show. We know from the beginning it wasn't a dinosaur. If the network ever said anything about it to us it was more on the order of, 'Please tell us it's not a dinosaur.' And we're like, 'Ok, it's NOT a dinosaur!'
    "Because of Jurassic Park or Land of the Lost, that's what people expect to be on a mysterious island," Damon explained. "I think you'll find that what that thing is not a constant presence in every episode. It's not a TV show about what is that thing in the jungle. It becomes more about the monsters in each other as opposed to the monsters out there And some of the secrets are much darker than others.

From an interview with co-creator Damon Lindelof on www.lost-tv.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Does anyone know if the aired shows differed in any way from the leaked pilot?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Raoul Duke wrote:
    Does anyone know if the aired shows differed in any way from the leaked pilot?
    The score is different as far as I know (the leaked version had Jack Horner's work from 'Aliens' for example). I don't think there's any scenes cut but I do know that subtitles have been added to explain what the Korean man is saying to his wife whereas the original didn't (and I think that was a better idea too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

ixoy wrote:
    The score is different as far as I know (the leaked version had Jack Horner's work from 'Aliens' for example). I don't think there's any scenes cut but I do know that subtitles have been added to explain what the Korean man is saying to his wife whereas the original didn't (and I think that was a better idea too).

Thanks. I stupidly deleted the pilot and was thinking about grabbing the 1st 2 episodes again. Am I that interested in what the Korean was saying? Hmmmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement