Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VC £3.5k 2nite

Options
  • 24-09-2004 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Anyone playing it tonight, to see how we do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Am playing now - username kencleary, funnily enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

i'm playing too, username CoD, missed the first 3 hands coz i'm an idiot tho :/

just outside the top 10 with 7k chips atm, long way to go.... i see your with that raymundo talker guy ken

......and he sure does like to talk!!!

Knocked DeV out of a sit n go last night in the Fitz with J 3. Got it dealt it there, reason prevailed however this time and i folded - flop comes J 3 3 and two guys go all in. One with a J, one with a 3. I'd have cleaned up :(

AGH ! all in on TTs, 1 caller, hes got KT

end up spilt pot as 6789 came on table! and we both ahd the str, that wudda put me on over 12k

• Advertisement

woah ken u came from no wehre to chip leader in about 15mins or something!! congrats

Won 3 all-ins or so. Two very good calls and my cards held up. Still 30 players left though!

:( I finished 31st had bout 15-16k

AA one guy already all in, i go all in, and other caller

my AAs vs QQs and TTs
    3rd T comes on river :( all over

Damnit only came 2nd! Still picked up 950 for my troubles so not a waste of time by any means. Was an excellent game, very similar to the 20 in the Fitz - i.e. lots of very good play but lots of muppets too!

Guy who won it had 4.5 times my stack going into heads up so I was never really going to win it but during the break before going heads up he wrote in chat that he had to leave to pick up his children! Everybody watching was like wtf? and I was hoping against hope :). He managed to get a taxi for them though during the break :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

nice one Ken, congrats

• Advertisement

congrats man, you were playing well and agree, there were some good players and some idiots, I'll be playing it again anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Well done Ken. Let us know the next time theres a few people playing & Ill join in the fun.

think i'm going to play it now, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I was tempted but I think I'm going to give real life poker a shot tonight.

I'm liking the VC a lot though. It's sweet like jam.

AA all in against 77 pre-flop and the fnucker hits a flush!!!!

still have about 7500 left though, but bulling

just sitting on 3.5k, slow played a str and top pair and a small bluff, but they r the only hands i've actually played in :) so its going smooth enuff atm

again bad beat

all in over 3k on my KK, big guy called with 99s

flop: TJ8 turns a rag, rivers a 7 giving him a str

rebuy :(

I've had AA and TT busted by runner runner runner runner flushes :/

about 4,500 left but between those two I lost over 15K

Having a torrid time too. I've never seen so many hands busted in my life. 3 times i've had trips only for some wa*ker to beat them with two pair making a full house on the river. Had a few other lesser bad beats too. Unfortunately its starting to affect my play as i'm fuming now.
    At least the re-buy period is up soon.

Iago what's your username?

runner runner strs r killing me again... just over 2k, prob drop out in bout 10mins

goodluck

• Advertisement

I'm in under golly, up to about 9K now

at the same table now Iago

yep, try not to bust my AA :D

out in 42nd, had about 5,500 and AQ raised into me for 3K so went all-in, he had Ak and out I went.

If I'd had a bigger stack, probably wouldn't have been involved..cest la vie

low 20s for me, shudda stayed in and got 18th and got money back, but no i have to risk it and go for it, lol on a stupid hand :(

Advertisement