Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Acting performance ever

• 05-04-2000 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Sorry to inflict another, best of/worst of straw poll, but what was the worst performance anyone has ever seen.
    Avoiding the obvious Segal, VanDamme, Stallone, Arnie farces too. it's just that Milla Jovovich's acting in joan of arc is so incredibly appaling, are there any other movies that you felt were ruined?

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

But she has nice boobs, so that makes up for it. tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Sorry guys but watching Star Wars ep 1 again has reminded me of how bad Jake Lloyd is at acting...He truly give the worst acting performance ever, no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ummmm, sorry guys but Sophia Coppola in Godfather Part III was awful, but I vote the worst acting performance ever to be Keanu Reeves in Dracula (Coppola again smile.gif ) - mesmerisingly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Dracula, Keanu seconded.....Woeful film.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"Truly Madly Deeply" has some great acting in it. Hey, dont look at me like that...

Worst would be... hmmm so many to choose from but Keanu in Johnny Monotonic is one that sticks in my head.

Tom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

My award goes to Brad Pitt in the recently televised The Devil's Own for his dreadful attempt at an Irish accent. He just beat Tom Cruise in Far & Away.

Noel Brady

I'm afraid Richard Gere beats Pitt hands down when it comes to believable Irish (see The Jackel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Mick Jagger in Ned Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

hobbes
    what about tom cruise in far and away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

I agree whole heartedly that keanu reeves is the worst actor on earth. Not only was he bad in Dracula , but did no one see that one where he was some prince of egypt or something....he was SOOOOOOO bad. Even in the Matrix....he was absolutely terrible...."that's why it's going to work!"...such bad delivery it's unbelievable. Remember Speed when he syas.... "THERE IS A BOMB ON THE BUS" SSSSOOOOOO bad! Anyway he's the worst actor.......then Hanks.

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

keanu was terrible in point(less) break

Everyone in "The Omega Code"... dammit it sucked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The entire cast of the street fighter movie, and boy, that was dire acting! not to mention it was a crap movie too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Matthew Broderick in Godzilla... actually... most of the cast of Godzilla... movie could have been alright if it wasnt for the quality of the acting and the woeful script.

oh well... frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 15-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

......and the horrendously obvious product placement AND the raptor/baby-godzillas rip off AND the basic plot AND the complete lack of character in the main leads......oh yeah and that theme song sucked 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Dammit people! Do not think so big! Yeah Van Damme is sh!t, keanu could'nt muster a believable performance in a panto and sure when Matthew Brodrick makes a bad movie , it really is very very bad . But let us not forget the worst actor of them all! A man(?) that cannot even play an Idiot correctly. An actor who is so annoying , he would drive Rosie O Donnell over the edge! His name( for the sake of the childeren please whisper it ) :

PAULY SHORE!

He of : Biodome , In The Army Now , Step Son and numerous other awful, awful films all as forgettable as the next. 'Jesus getting a little over excited' you say? Just see one of his movies. You too shall fell my pain. Wheres my Blankie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

LIES, ALL LIES. Pauly Shore is utterly fantastic in every role! I saw one film where he "pretended" to be engaged to this chick so her parents would think that he was really obnoxious (rebellious and stuff). Eventually though, they fell in love and actually did get married...CLASSIC FILM! Definitely one of the greatest actors of the 20th century!

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Van Damme is not without the worst actor in the history of civilisation, that dubious award goes to the one, the only Steven Seagal. I tell ya, when the man made of wood died in Executve Decision, it was without doubt one of the most definitive scenes in modern cinema moviemaking. Im not being sarcastic, either. Stallone on the other hand, in Judge Dredd gives a performace of utter conviction, a multi-layered, unsettlingly authentic performance of a man at odds with his emotions. UHHH UHHMMM DUUHHH LUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. You bet your ass he's the law....
    Sincerly
    Sarcasm Mc Spiteful

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I saw one film where he "pretended" to be engaged to this chick so her parents would think that he was really obnoxious (rebellious and stuff). Eventually though, they fell in love and actually did get married...CLASSIC FILM!
    That would be Son in Law.
    You have to have a particular brand of hunour to like Paulie Shore. Or be very drunk.

Dr-(Viva Los Bio-Dome!)-aco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Actually yes... Steven Seagal has never in his career as an actor given an even remotely believable edge to any of his characters. He didnt even take the **** out of himself well in his 'My Giant' cameo (Billy Crystals 'comedy' from last year). Anyone see Fire Down Below? I have night mares about that movie smile.gif

"Tell your boss I'm comin to get em!...On second thought...I'll tell him myself"

Eeeeeeek!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by plastic membrane:
    That dubious award goes to the one, the only Steven Seagal. I tell ya, when the man made of wood died in Executve Decision, it was without doubt one of the most definitive scenes in modern cinema moviemaking

heeheehee It's funny cause it's true!!!

So you finally found these boards young fella? Welcome smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Pauly Shore is another one. i tell ya, they breed his kind in some form of genetic warehouse underneath the hollywood sign. except he was a complete failure, busted out, and has been roaming aroung the gaff ever since. Look at the facts, he looks like a genetic malformality, he's even more obnoxious than Seagal, and he probably smells too. The man belongs on Glenroe. Somebody give him a job in Wicklow, now !

"Iron Man, Iron Man, Does whatever an iron can "
    "Wait, thats Spiderman"
    "What, you some kind of rocket scientist or something ?"
    "Yes."
    "oh..sorry"
    Bio-Dome

Advertisement