Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Wilson's SMiLE: What think ye?

Options
  • 24-09-2004 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Well I've just listened to the new recording of Brian Wilson's SMiLE. Absolutely phenomenal. Ok, I'm biased, but what does anyone else think? Is it worth the 37-year wait?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

I'm just delighted that someone put up a post that wasn't an ad.

...And yeah, SMiLE is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

ah stop talkin bout Wilson ya hippies! this is the buy and sell! anybody wanna buy a few chipped playstation 3s??

Haven't bought it yet but I've heard damned good things all round..so I think ill put it on the list.

LIke Wir says, thank god this isn't an ad for a gig or some shameless plug for the next female busted, managed by Sinead " face like a bucket of foreskins" O Carrol herself.

Anyway thank you for posting something I might actually want to read.

(though nothin wrong with ads for gigs, id just like to see something different tis all. and yes everything wrong with shameless plugs.)

Smurfpiss wrote:
    ....managed by Sinead " face like a bucket of foreskins" O Carrol herself.....

Ah brilliant!

I come for the ads, but I stay for the quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

oh but i take no claim to that quote....its by bandit, the literary genius that he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I picked it up yesterday and have only had a chance to have one listen through. And even at that I only had one ear on it. Most of the songs I know from the Smiley Smile album but in most cases the recordings are different of course. I'm reserving judgement until I get to listen again a few times.

Now that post was well-worth the read wouldn't you say?!

• Advertisement

It was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ba oom bop didi

Its Great- Possibly even the Greatest of all...............................

Nah, second best.

Advertisement