Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget Travel last minute deals - Good/Bad/Ugly?

• 24-09-2004 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, some advice required, please, I shall only waste a moment of your time :)

After a long summer of work, in the next few weeks I'm planning to take my couple of weeks off.

But I have nothing really planned. So, someone suggested looking at some last minute deals with Budget Travel, get a cheap week or two away in the Algarve, Costa Del Sol, etc.

Has anyone got a last minute bargain and what were your experiences of it? Any advice/tips and reminisces of this greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Myself and a girl from work got a last min deal back in Feb to Tenerife. Came to €340 each including insurance and all that other miscellaneous stuff. It was a good deal. The apartments were good. The place was tacky as fck but that was to be expected. Grand if you want to sit on your ass and soak up uv rays though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

DMC,

I dont have any info about Budget but I'd say to ya to check out Direct Holidays, I just booked a 2 weeks stay in a 3* Hotel in Cyprus H/B for a tad over €500!! Its the best I could find and I searched everywhere.. Keep an eye on aertel, which is also available online, from the RTE website, as they advertise alot of late deals!!

Cheers

Branners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Booked 2 last min hols with budget this year and have no complaints. Cyprus in May & Lanzarote in Sept both for good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Myself and the birtd were looking at Fuerteventura but a girl in my job has only returned from there and said it was faitrly quiet so thats no good,dont want it too quiet so am curently looking at Zakynthos with Budget,seems like a good enough deal........ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I got 2 weeks in Tenirife (Hotel Caribe) in May/June with Budget for €265.
    It wasn't a late deal just booked a couple of months in advance.
    Apt was surprisingly nice (roomy, functional) (we got ground floor which is very handy), decent pool and very central.
    Clientel that Budget get tend to be... well, ... riff raff, but if you can live with that (and on a sun holiday i suggest you most certainly can) then i unreservedly reccomend them.

tribble

/ps the price you are paying seems a little over the odds this time of year...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Went with the missus to Kos (Greece) for 300 for two, week in nice apartments and flight all in. Never done it before but would recommend it for a last-minute buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

went to crete for a week for €199 Oct last year. end of season. weather not sweltering. greeks relaxed as season nearly over and less pushy. usual budget quality atb

Advertisement