Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got myself the zalman reserator 1 today

Options
  • 24-09-2004 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Got myself the zalman reserator 1 today in peats for 279 euro has anybody out there got one of these ?? any tips or pointers or mods that would be handy.... this one doesnt have a 775 cpu bracket so im going to mod one ...i had emailed zalman yesterday to explain that i was getting one and they said they where bring out a 775 set within a month ...so that will be cool ..as far as i know there ok ...almost completly queit which is why i went for it but i belive there gpu cooler isnt the best so ill pick up a different one
    the frist thing i noticed is the size of it :o i knew it was big but it hugh higher than the case and almost as wide ..for those of you who havnt got a clue what im on about heres a link

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-232-1.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Let us know what temps you get/compared to aircooling when you get a bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The Zalman is supposed to be a great choice especially for silence. The problem with adding a GFX card to it is that the extra heat puts it under pressure and general temps will rise.

Mabye an Artic cooler for the X800 or simular?

PS that Tv looks savage i must say, nicely done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

made myself a retention bracket for the zalman just now :D .... contact with the cpu seems to be ok ...im afraid to tighten it anymore incase i bend the mobo but its running ok ...when i get the porper one of zalman next month the temps will be better ..i have to say its true what they say you cant hear any thing maybe cos im running only the cpu going to mess with it for a while then ill give you the temps :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

hard ****ing core!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

any chance of pics i'd love to see it fully installed.

how long it take to install?

thinking about getting one of these zalman yokey's lol

• Advertisement

THANKS!!!!!!!! :D I THINKS :confused:

heres some snaps it would have only took a half an hour or so after reading the manual but it took me a few hours cos my motherboard is not supported by zalman until next month when then bring out a retention bracket for the 775 chipset so i had to make one from the ground up... which was scrary cos i paid nearly 3 ton for the mobo so the fear of bending it was freaking me out ...but i got there in the end with about 50 ciggies for my pots
    it is very easy to but together you cant really mess it up ..peats are selling them for 279 euro at the moment which isnt to bad compaired to overclockers and so on

here is some snaps there not great quality due to using my phone to take them

heres 2 more snaps

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

dubdvd wrote:
    but i got there in the end with about 50 ciggies for my pots

LOL you might need a stiff drink as well , but only after you've finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

so u get it going yet ?

what sort of temps you got

saw that in peats the other day thought it wa a bit big as things go but since its not very wide i guess it makes up for it .

hows it for moving tho ? would it be easy ?
    ive seen a few ppl say its not much better then air cooling but what do u think ?

did u buy the piece for the video card as well ?

• Advertisement

elexes wrote:
    so u get it going yet ?

what sort of temps you got

saw that in peats the other day thought it wa a bit big as things go but since its not very wide i guess it makes up for it .

hows it for moving tho ? would it be easy ?
    ive seen a few ppl say its not much better then air cooling but what do u think ?

did u buy the piece for the video card as well ?

yes i got it together and the temps are lower than what i was getting on the stock hfs ...with the wc they are as low as 13 on a cold boot up as shown below ive never got anything like that before they do go up to 37 on a full load where the stock was at 47 odd on full load ...but remember one thing.. i made up my own retention bracket for the the zalman and cpu and the presure i have it on isnt great as i was afaird id damage the mobo... so i cant give a proper temp till next month when i use the zalman bracket :rolleyes:
    As for moving it , its hard to lift the both together ..as my rig is a ton wait and the zalman aint that lite neither ...but you do get these clamps with it to clamp off the tubing and disconnect it from the system so it all depends how far you what to move it to..????

and no i didnt get the gpu water block that zalman do...and tbh i dont think i will from what if read about them..my plan is to get a good gpu block and also a second pump to increase the flow rate
    my main concern was noise so if i get a second pump rigged up it still doesnt have a fan so the sound level will remain very low ..i hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nice one.

oh, btw, those thermal tranfer pads you recommended work a treat.

i was getting really ****ty (almost dangerous) temps before with the stock HSF but now it's idling at about 40-42c (was 52c with the antec formula 5 paste i was using) and maxxed out it's keeping below 55c, which I don't think is bad for a stock HSF.

my next play is to start overclocking, but I'm wondering where to start.

I know I'm going to need better coolsing if I plan on playing with it, but I'm not going to go mad and get one of those big blue monsters, i couldn't justify the expense to the g/f, but i came within a gnats cock of getting the flower cooler from maplins yesterday. chickened out in the end in case the little heat tunnel thingy that runs beside the CPU got in the way. I've seen a 'beginners' watercooling setup on overclockers for £59, but I wasn't sure if I should go for it or not. would it make that much of a difference?

P.S. sorry for highjacking you thread dubdvd, but i thought you'd be the best person to ask. ;)

Advertisement