Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghettoblaster#3

• 24-09-2004 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

After our summer break the Ghettoblaster Soundclash returns to the Temple Bar Music Centre on October 9th with a very special guest! The legendary Ed Rush.(BIO BELOW)

The Virus front man is a household name in not just the drum and bass scene but the whole electronic music genre. This is his first gig in Dublin in six years so this promises to be a very big night! Support on the night comes from Belfast finest and Knowledge magazine UK mixtape winner Dj CHILL, starting off the night will be two of Dublin's newest talents Dj's Johnny Mac and Syringe. The Mc for the night will be Ireland's finest lyricist The CRIMINAL MC.
    Area 2 will featue the very best in irish hip hop with sets from 2phats Dj Lee, Heebie Jeebies Rob D and Vibes Rob C.
    All this for only 15 euro's on the door or ticket's can be bought from ALL CITY, SELECTAH(tickets are subject to booking fee)
    Thanks for your time
    Johnny
    www.urbanvibes.org
    www.urbanvibes.org/forum

Ghettoblaster%20Flyer%2003%20web.jpg
    Ghettoblaster%2003%20Flyer%20Back%20web.jpg
    GHETTOBLASTER#3 TBMC 09/10/04 11-LATE 15 EURO
    AREA1 DRUM AND BASS
    ED RUSH (VIRUS RECORDS LONDON)
    CHILL (STEP DNB BELFAST)
    JOHNNY MAC (VIBES)
    SYRINGE (VIBES)
    CRIMINAL MC (DANCEHALL STYLES)

AREA 2 HIP HOP
    DJ LEE (2PHAT, NEXT LEVEL)
    ROB D (HEEBIE JEEBIES LIVERPOOL)
    ROB C (VIBES)

ED RUSH BIO
    Jungle producer Ed Rush's name has become almost synonymous with the word "dark." With a steady string of 12-inch releases dragging drum'n'bass to hell and back, forcing taught, kettle-sized snare snaps through ringing rides and thunderous, superdense basslines, Rush, together with oft collaborator Nico Sykes, has been almost singularly responsible for jungle's eventual (re)turn to the darkside. Recording most often for Nico-related labels No U-Turn and Nu Black, Rush has also more recently begun to cast his net farther out, bringing his brooding, dank-heavy brand of nightmare drum'n'bass to such labels as Prototype and Metalheadz. First introduced to jungle through late-period hardcore (tracks such as 2 Bad Mice's "Bombscare" and Doc Scott's "Here Come the Drums"), Rush began producing after hooking Nico (a for-hire producer who lived on Rush's block) on the sound. The pair released a few forgettable tracks before buckling down and working on putting together a new sound. Nico formed No U-Turn in 1993 as a vehicle for that sound, and the pair's first proper Ed Rush twelve, "Bloodclot Artattack," was released that same year.
    Although he'd already been making tracks for a couple years, Rush's reputation began to grow in the wake of the 1996 backlash against the smooth, rolling atmospherics of ambient and heavily jazz-oriented jungle (Bukem, Alex Reece, Wax Doctor, PFM, etc.). With several tracks on the genre-coining compilation Techsteppin' (released by Emotif), and with darkness once again coming to the forefront among the DJs, Rush tracks such as "Guncheck," "Bloodclot Artattack," "Subway" (recorded with Dom of Dom & Roland), and "Check Me Out" began showing up in more and more (and more and more influential) DJ sets. Releases on Speed/Blue Note DJ Grooverider's Prototype label ("Kilimanjaro"), as well as twelves for Metalheadz ("Skylab") and Nico's No U-Turn offshoot, Nu Black ("Mad Different Methods," "Amtrak") further cemented Rush's rep at the forefront of a new style. Although he remains a free agent, demand for Rush tracks (as well as remixes) means he's been playing the field, releasing increasing quantities of material on a number of labels, both large and small. And while the over-the-top rumble of darkside techstep is bound to wane in popularity, Rush's most recent work has proven he's not reliant on the novelty of that sound.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

why am i getting flash backs of the movie spin the bottle while im reading this, anybody got an answer ?!? The finest in irish hip hop if only i could stop laughing long enough to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭johnnymc

No offence m8 but that sentence of yours just shows you know nothing about Irish Hip Hop. :)

No offence m8 but perhaps you should read the rap/hiphop charter

<quote>

Advertising - Topics/posts that contain commercial advertising will be both edited and locked. If you wish to buy ad space, contact the Admins. Repeat offenders will find themselves banned.

</quote>

Irish people (in my opinion) cant rap its just a simple fact our accents just dont suit it well at all, and dont pretend you like it because its obvious your just some lame promoter.

There not rappers m8 do your homework will ya. There producers and djs. Once again ya know nothing about Irish Hip Hop!

btw i did read the charter "Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with Rap/Hip Hop, be it the music, the culture, upcoming gigs" i presumed this line meant i could post about the gig.I apoligise to the admin if this topic was against the rules.

@Kristok i dont think anyone would agree with ur comment of me been a lame promoter as no other night in Ireland has constantly offered such a selection of top djs for the price i charge in, a point that has been said to me at every night ive put on!

• Advertisement

Discussing upcomming gigs is one thing what your doing is just promoting some gig which is against rules. Im sorry if ive offended you your right your not a lame promoter your just a spa now stop wasting everyones time and get off this site and find some other way to get people to go to your wonderful event (sarcasim implied)

Sorry m8 aint going anyway where, ive found to many interesting topics on the boards plus i dont think you have any right to tell me what to do, dont like it dont read it!
    Btw calling me a spa is probally one of the most childish comments i ever came across, grow up and get a life!!!

i just love you one post wonders your so entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Premierking

All Johnny was doing was trying to inform music fans of a cracking line up of Drum and Bass and HIp Hop "DJ'S". Kristok why are u trying to knock the guy, what do you promote ? Being an absolute idiot id imagine...... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Premierking

I forgot to add....star treak is soooooo cool wow, would i go to a hip hop/drum and bass night or stay in with kristok and watch Series 76 of the amazing Voyager !

• Advertisement

Oh no two people who happen to be new to boards dont like me and both happen to be into hiphop/drum and bass and oh no wait maby just maby its someone with two accounts oh yeah thats more like it.

Again i love the one post wonders you guys are the best.

Kristok wrote:
    Oh no two people who happen to be new to boards dont like me and both happen to be into hiphop/drum and bass and oh no wait maby just maby its someone with two accounts oh yeah thats more like it.

Again i love the one post wonders you guys are the best.
    :LOL: Why would i have 2 accounts? M8 if i have something to say to you il say it hell il even call around and say it to you if you want! Plus no one said they dont like you either so get off your soapbox!
    Btw Id agree totally what premierking is saying though u r a sad sad boy and this discussion is just showing it to the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Would you both just shut up.

Tonight :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Kristok wrote:
    Irish people (in my opinion) cant rap its just a simple fact our accents just dont suit it well at all, and dont pretend you like it because its obvious your just some lame promoter.
    I beg to differ. Sure we don't sound like some straight up nigga's straight outta da eastside or whatever bullsh*t analogy you have for rap in your head, but then again neither do UK, french, australian or a hundred other nationalities when they decide they want to rap.
    Irish rap when done well, is very listenable, especially from the lyrics end of things.

BTW learn how to use quote tags: you've been here all this time and still get it wrong? :p

stfu n00b yore probably just johnnymc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

n00b ahahahaa, phuking geeks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

WOW ..jonny you probably are breaking the rules..if you want to discuss it fair enough but giving out all the details like the price and where to purchase the tickets dose sound a bit like a promoter trying to get free advertising..never the less kristok if this is the case then its not your problem leave it to the admins and stop flaming.. I agree with Wertz on Irish people can rap if they want and if its good or not is the listeners opinion.. oh Makeveli im pretty confident Wertz is not jonny and calling him a n00b is very naive on your part.

SUPER MEGA ROLL EYES!

As for klimseven calling people geeks, you do realise you're posting on internet message board right?

The thread should have been reported and closed but it wasnt and there is no question in my mind its against all boards charters regarding advertisig so i believe its fair game to flame (that rhymed maby i can get a gig at Ghettoblaster#4)

Optikus its my choice to say what i want as it was your choice to say in the thread about the rap freestyle battle in ucd "Fraid not mate what do they mc to Irish folk songs." Im not saying anything bout you just seems a bit odd your telling me off for slaggin off irish hip hop here when you said that which is just as bad as anything ive said here.

johnnymc + Premierking + wertz = BORING BORING GOD YOUR ALL SO BORING

Get a sense of humour guys its only boards not mass.

• Advertisement

Why didn't you report it so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Kristok wrote:
    The thread should have been reported and closed but it wasnt and there is no question in my mind its against all boards charters regarding advertisig so i believe its fair game to flame (that rhymed maby i can get a gig at Ghettoblaster#4)

Optikus its my choice to say what i want as it was your choice to say in the thread about the rap freestyle battle in ucd "Fraid not mate what do they mc to Irish folk songs." Im not saying anything bout you just seems a bit odd your telling me off for slaggin off irish hip hop here when you said that which is just as bad as anything ive said here.

johnnymc + Premierking + wertz = BORING BORING GOD YOUR ALL SO BORING

Get a sense of humour guys its only boards not mass.

I wasn't slagging it off at all.. i just said i never heard of it and made a sarcastic comment.. no pun intended. :D

zzzzz Ya still givin out Finglas boy :rolleyes:
    Great night thanks to any heads that came down, repect!!
    Mods sorry about posting it on here ;)

Advertisement