Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance music...:D

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

dragostea din tei IS a good song. would it have got to number one all over europe if it was ****e???

eh, yes. That does tend to happen a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i know there's a lot of ****e in the charts but seriously, just because you don't happen to like a song doesnt mean that it's pure rubbish and nobody should listen to it and it doesn't deserve to be bought. your taste in music is not the be-all-and-end-all of it, mmk? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

So in 5 years Dragostea Din Tei by O-Zone will be good?

OMG, the English translation of Dragostea Din Tei is soooo funny! Seriously, everyone get a copy and laugh

Undergod wrote:
    Just to surprise everyone, I like dance music. Anyone know the propellerheads? Probably not... they really rock. As in dance.

Proppellerheads are mad, they did the tune for the Matrix. Pure mash....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Thank you. That's what I think dance should be.
    Dragostea Din Tei? Is that what I think it is?... you odd people...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

I'm not that much of a dance fan. The only reason I'm posting is to oppose Virgin Records' placing Sigur Rós and Four Tet records under the "Dance" category. If there were a "hanging head in shame" smilie, this would be the place for it.

LiamD wrote:
    It's not really dat gud.It gets crowd going when played very loud but it's not really something you'd just listen to on ur todd

Yep, thats true. But in fairness, get enough alcohol in anyone and anything sounds good coming out of the speakers... That tends to be why you often get crap music at certain pubs, they just couldn't be bothered hiring a decent dj with up to the minute mix's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Good song: Rock your Body Rock- Ferry Corstern

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Has anyone heard of a song called Schumacher? It's meant to be the worst dance song ever released! Ever!

Jurgen Vries - The Theme

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

Ok this is meant to educate all who read it. It is not a flame at anyone just guidance. What most of you think dance music is, is actually the most commercial kind of all. The genre that most people call dance music is actually called "EDM" which stands for electronic dance music. The main branches of EDM are - House, Trance, Techno, Hardcore, Drum + bass and breaks (i think).

House - Tends to be kinda funky and slower.
    Trance - Tends to be faster then house and often really uplifting. I cant explain it any better then that.
    Techno - Focuses on the beat where trance focusses on the melody. Often way harder then trance.
    Hardcore - The chances of anyone liking this here are slim to none. It is extremely hard. All the stereotypes that you have with dance music about it being too much like "bang bang bang bang bang" are shown here. It is only for people who are well into their music. I can barely listen to this. This is the equivalent to commercial stuff as blink182 are to the very hardest deathmetal.
    Drum + Bass, Breaks - I know nothing about really except for being able to recognize it.

Here is the link to a far more comprehensive guide then mine http://www.ishkur.com/music/#
    No need to download anything just click the link and follow whatever road you like. If you just wanna hear what i like then go to trance and look around the bottom and left of the screen at what he says is the "commercial" stuff but isnt really ;).

What he writes about each kind of genre is a... unique... opinion so dont go by pretty much anything he writes, especially about trance. Listen to his samples to hear what each genre sounds like.

Sorry if this is badly written. Thanks for reading :eek:

Joycey wrote:
    Sorry if this is badly written. Thanks for reading :eek:

Fair play man, couldn't have said it better myself. Hey do you mix your own stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Well, if you like your Techno you cant go wrong with:

Dave Clarke - World Service
    Christian Varela Vs Carlos Duran - Salon De Mezclas Vol.3
    Oxia on Monoid
    Luke Slater - Fear and Loathing
    Fuse presents Technasia
    Audio DJ Mix Series presents Ben Sims - Escapism
    Adam Beyer - Stokholm Mix Sessions
    Essential Underground Vol.7 - CD1 mixed by Christian Smith
    CD2 mixed by Ben Sims

And a quality house compilation is:

Fabric Live 09 mixed by Jacques Lu Cont.

Now thats real "dance music"...

And all that crap the rest of ye have been suggesting I would'nt class as "dance music" more like cheesy kiddy euro pop sh1te :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

ro_chez wrote:
    And all that crap the rest of ye have been suggesting I would'nt class as "dance music" more like cheesy kiddy euro pop sh1te :mad:
    Oh dear lord don't make this a musical elitism thread.

ro_chez wrote:

Yep, a lot of stuff, i hope your not referring to jurgen vries as eurotrash? tall paul too........ for example like they are unreal

jono087 wrote:
    Yep, a lot of stuff, i hope your not referring to jurgen vries as eurotrash? tall paul too........ for example like they are unreal

Well if it's that one with Charlotte Church wailing in it then sorry but yes.

ro_chez wrote:
    Well if it's that one with Charlotte Church wailing in it then sorry but yes.

no, sorry, well i'm not sorry, but anything with her in it can't be good, except possibly the video...... anyway no jurgen vries - the theme is unreal, pure electronica solo in d middle wit mega bass ritethru.... really gets ya dancin... nd anything tall paul touches turns 2 gold.... golden dj

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

still tho, i bet he couldnt bate out rocky road to dublin and he sweatin buckets after skullin 10 pints of porter. Go on the dubliners boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've been put off dance music for life ever since my 17 year old brother spent 2 months blasting me with that skanger Hot FM crap when I was studying for my repeats this summer...*shakes fist*

• Advertisement

I've been put off dance music for life ever since my 17 year old brother spent 2 months blasting me with that skanger Hot FM crap when I was studying for my repeats this summer...*shakes fist*

lol, you'd want to be stoned to listen to that sh*te!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Jurgen vries - the theme is a completely commerical trance track. Its the same as every other commerical trance track in that it has 4/4 beats, a brass melody throughout the whole song and a piano bit thrown in for good measure. Its extremely repeatitive and not in any way new/good/worth talking about this much.

*grumbles under breat about the theme being quite good even if noone believs it...*

Advertisement