Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS Importing

Options
  • 24-09-2004 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey,

Is anyone importing this in from the states on release? I've been looking around and the best I can find is CAN$250, which is nearly US$50 more than the right price (US$150). Anyone found it for the rrp online?

-Dr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.lik-sang.com

mine is preordered

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Im getting mine by special courier(my parents :D ) as theyll be over there when it's released. gotta make sure they get the right games. also gotta hope they have some good launch titles. but the great thing is If it has bad launch titles I can buy the minish cap here and playt that. :D

does anyone know if you will be able to do the conectivity thing with the gamecube? ie for metroid fusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

evad_lhorg wrote:
    does anyone know if you will be able to do the conectivity thing with the gamecube? ie for metroid fusion?
    I don't think you can - it's missing a port or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Aye, its missing the D-link port, everything is wireless. You wont be able to play multiplayer with any old GB games either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how does the wireless work, does it connect to your wireless router and you can play around the world ? or is just ds =to= ds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

you can connect ds to ds at close ranges put it also can connect to the internet from wireless hotspots so maybe games can be played over that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Has it been confirmed to be region free yet? Knowing Nintendo, it almost certainly will be, but have they actually said it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

What are the European release dates? I know the USA date is november 10th right?

And where is the best place to pre-order it(apart from the above link), and obviously somewhere that will delivery to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Will play asia ship electronics to Ireland? And how long is the delivery usually?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Interesting Q on lik sang , if i get US Ds and Metroid hunters US will i be able to play with Euro peeps?

i would so as its shipping with 7 languages built in so they kinda ccepting its going worldwide on day 1.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm 100% sure but there should be no problems shipping to Ireland, just have to watch out for customs.

Shipping times depend on what shipping you use: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-helpshippingoptions.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If you expecting to buy one off the shelf around the release date id try get a preorder in with a shop (or queue outside the shop for 12 hours before hand!)

As lik sang say on their page:
    Please note that in the past, new Nintendo systems were always sold out for weeks after release without valid pre-order

Also some games are going to be in demand (Metroid for example).

Id fully expect the charger to be dual voltage (110-240V) as its much cheaper to make one unit with diferant pin arangements (look at the 4G iPod charger)

I dont know if I should go for a preorder or wait till December to see how the imports are panning out...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

my sis is coming back from usa in dec, i might get her to get me one but where can i look for the titles also i dont know if the graphics will be be goody !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Placebo wrote:
    my sis is coming back from usa in dec, i might get her to get me one but where can i look for the titles also i dont know if the graphics will be be goody !

Have alook here http://ds.ign.com/ they have screen shots etc. The 20 initial release titles havent been publisised yet but I reckon Metroid, Mario kart, mario 64x4, Mario Bros, Wario Wares etc. are all fairly safe bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Wikipedia has a long-ish list of potential games coming out on the DS article, (available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS).

And I think the EU date is somthin ridiculus like March 05. Idiots. We have chrsitmas here too!

Advertisement