Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a Puppy

• 24-09-2004 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Me Mammy has run into a bit of a problem, my little sister brought home a puppy last week which they need to find a home for. They stuck an add in the lost pets section of the herald and they stuck up some signs around the shops but no one has claimed the poor thing.

So bottom line is they need rid of it. Its a lovely little dog and they would love to keep it but they already have a cat and a dog. So what Im askin is 2 things.. firstly if anyone knows who owns this dog lemme know (she says she found it around howth jct train station) failing that does anyone want to give him a home ? Or know someone who would.

Thats the other dog looking pissed in the background btw.. dont even ask where the cat is ;)
    dog1.jpg

dog2.jpg

The Dog (named spock for the time being) is spotlessly clean someone must have looked after him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Aw, lovely little fella ;)
    He should have had a collar with a contact number on it, but unfortunately some people don't learn this lesson until their dog is already missing.
    Our dog took himself for a three day walk around North Dublin.
    All I remember hoping is that we either found him, or someone took him in and will give him a good life.
    He ended up at the dog pound... we called them on the off-chance, and we were just in time, I'm not sure how much longer they would have kept him... needless to say he's all tagged up now.
    Xithus wrote:
    Its a lovely little dog and they would love to keep it but they already have a cat and a dog.
    Pff, that's nothing... my brothers friend has 2 cats and 7 dogs all in the one house (and surrounding acre)... and when my bro goes to visit them - add another two dogs into the equation!

Here are some online pet lost & found places for Ireland.
    Check out:
    http://www.ispca.ie/content/lost.html
    http://www.irishanimals.com/lost_found.html
    Makes me a bit sad looking at these sites though, so many worried owners and bewildered pets :(

Does anyone know anything about micro-chipping?
    Do they contain contact details? or just quarentene/disease information?
    Are they common enough yet to take a lost dog to a vet to have it read?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SantaHoe again."

God damn i really wanted to give santahoe some rep for this post, hes really helpful with all them links and i really like dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Thanks for the links, I sent them both an email about him. I dont think me Ma's house has an acre of land ya see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Has anything happened with this?
    Just wondering how things turned out for the wee fella :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭karlin

You can also create a post with these pictures to rehome the dog on the Irish Animals site -- anyone can post a listing to the main site, and if you register for the board, you can also post in the Homes Needed section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement