Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Counties!

Options
  • 24-09-2004 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

3 counties in the Dublin area? I've been working with Fingal County Council for about a year. I knew they operated as a local authority but now theyre planning to go all out with their county image to promote community identity. Is Dublin ready for this? How die-hard are the "County Dubliners" going to be? It's seemingly topical at the moment with the 10 year anniversary of the creation of Fingal, South Dublin & Dun Loaghaire Rathdown, and from what it looks like the 3 counties are moving into the next phase of their identity masterplan.. would love to hear opinions on this. Up "County Fingal"? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Why not I say? Population and revenuewise they have got to be well up the 'counties' league table

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Na let's keep extending Dublin till there is nothing left of Ireland but Dublin. So much for the 32 counties it will be 1 county and some really big suburbs :D Ireland will then be know as Dubland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I remember well when Fingal Council was born.
    Within 2 months they had put signs up everywhere welcoming you to "County Fingal".

The signs cost a fortune. Money that should have been spent fixing the potholes in the roads. The fúcking potholes are still there.

They are meglomaniacs. Jaysus protect us from the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 azsxdc

In all fairness every County in Ireland puts up welcome signs! Theyre entitled to it. And potholes?! What about the new M1 and M50? Fingal CC built the largest section of the M50. Still, if you say its money wasting...

Advertisement