Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody see the cooper temple clause on wednesday??

Options
  • 24-09-2004 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

unfortunately i live in cork so cant go to every gig and this was one i realy wanted to go and see anyone know how it went?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I went!

But left before the Tommy Cooper Clause came on...

I was feeling worse and worse all day (throat infection, so I'm on antibiotics), so I only stuck around for Oceansize (who were great...and LOUD) and Biffy Clyro.

Disappointed the audience lacked animation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ahh i have glandular fever and im going to see ash on sunday week! coops are the best thing to come out of england in years!hope of the states too i dont mind biffy clyro either

dimerocks wrote:
    ahh i have glandular fever and im going to see ash on sunday week!

Ah yes, but the mate of mine who was supposed to go pulled out at the last minute, so my pain was compounded by standing around like a spare and being unable to drink.

Cut me losses after the two bands I wanted to see.

Saw the Coopers in Whelans last time they played anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was there but i was mainly there to see biffy and oceansize two of my newest fav bands, i didn't think much of cooper's but i can see why people like them.

i loved when lead singer of biffy (simon neil) picked up the huge strat.

Cr3m0 wrote:
    i was there but i was mainly there to see biffy and oceansize two of my newest fav bands,

How loud were Oceansize? I had to move back from the stage, they were blowing me round the place. Time for those expensive fitted earplugs methinks...

Great show from them, really hope they come back for a show of their own. Whelan's would be ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh they were really loud, thank god biffy weren't like that, i can't wait for their new album infinity land out oct.4th and they also coming back to ireland in november i hope they play on their own so i can hear some of their older songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ya the coops are a very aquired taste. if you go out and by see this through and leave and listen like ten times youll think they are the best thing since sliced bread. hated them till me and my buddy did an album swap
    we've come for you all - anthrax for it
    he loved anthrax too

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Unfortunatly, I couldnt go, because I was at work down the road and incredibly hungover-getting sick!! But I walked by at 9.30 and was so jealous of the people in there. I love cooper and I saw biffy with hundred reasons this year and they were awesome. really entertaining!

Advertisement