Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Location of things in father ted??

• 24-09-2004 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

can anybody find out the locations of such classic places as the shope, the paroquial house i was near it on wednesday but didnt see it i think its in killkee or somewhere, the cinema post office and soo on.
    i plan to visit them next summer as a road trip!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the cinema is the ormonde (i think this is the name) in greystones in wicklow

pass it the odd time when i'm in the area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The island itself is one of the ones off the Cliffs of Moher.

The Post Office is a house in Portrane, Co.Dublin. Used to be a bookmakers, its right beside the local chippers and the (only Blue Flag in Dublin...) beach.

Much of the 1st episode was shot in Portrane/Donabate, the fair was shot at the car park near the Martelo Tower in Portrane (what locals refer to as the Tower, theres also access to a lovely small beach from there)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Cr3m0 wrote:
    the cinema is the ormonde (i think this is the name) in greystones in wicklow

pass it the odd time when i'm in the area
    dead on im always taking the piss out of your man who owns it "down with that sort of thing" - "careful now" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Portrane, Donobate, Greystones, not much of a roadtrip so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The Caravan park is in a town called Fanore in Clare- take the coast road from Lisdonvarna to Ballyvaghaun, it's about halfway along. The Ailwee caves are in teh Ailwee caves- well worth a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Much of the 1st episode was shot in Portrane/Donabate, the fair was shot at the car park near the Martelo Tower in Portrane (what locals refer to as the Tower, theres also access to a lovely small beach from there)

T'would appear I am wrong.

The FAQ posted above says Funland was filmed in Laytown County Meath.

Oh well, at least we got a Jason Donovan film...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

you dont get out much do you!!! not exactly the best of road trips but hey what ever floats your boat

Advertisement