Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I liked 'Rules of Attraction, i'd also like...'

• 25-09-2004 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Well? i'm wondering. I really liked James Van der Beek in it. He was so much grittier than old Dawson. Just wondering are there any other movies people have seen of a similar nature.ie, fast-paced, not afraid to break taboo's, good acting etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well? i'm wondering. I really liked James Van der Beek in it. He was so much grittier than old Dawson. Just wondering are there any other movies people have seen of a similar nature.ie, fast-paced, not afraid to break taboo's, good acting etc..

Spun was similar... but not nearly as good as Rules Of Attraction. In fact, i was really looking forward to Spun - but after the first 20 minutes, you could tell the film was suffering with a weak script and storyline. It seemed as if the film was only out to shock viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah Spun was pretty awful alright. I always know I'm watching a bad movie when I set the timer on my DVD player to count down instead of up.

On the plus sides Mickey Rourke did a decent Randy 'Macho Man' Savage impression throughout the film and Billy Corgan put in an excellent heartfelt performance ;);)

Requiem for a dream, but be warned. I felt much depressed after watching this film but thats just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Amores Perros is a foreign good wan, them foreigners be good wit the breakin of dowl taboos an that. Hmm, Requiem for a Dream is one of the best films i've ever seen - mental!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Gummo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Requiem for a dream, but be warned. I felt much depressed after watching this film but thats just me.
    Nah, not just you - me as well. It's a superb film but after it ended, after that unforgettable climax, you feel like you've been punched in the guts. I saw it with a group of friends and we were all feeling numb after seeing it, it's that affecting. Still one of my fave movies of all time and definetely recommended if you want an "alternative" flavour of movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Not really a similar film but it could also be worth watching American Psycho (for Bateman connection/comparisons etc).

Otherwise films I've found that were in a similar vein to it were Go and Buffalo Soldiers.

Advertisement