Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kappar what is tap

• 25-09-2004 3:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

mr kappar,

what is tap?

other than easier access for ppl from blackspots in social demographic areas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I think it's only fair to say I've hafd 15 cans or pints...

Tap is for tappers who want free money... They get lot's of free money for living in a sh1tty area, you can acttualy fail this subject. THANK GOD I NEVER HAVE TO DO CHEMISTRY AGAIN... booo yeagh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

booo yaka shak I agree with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I think it's only fair to say I've hafd 15 cans or pints...

Tap is for tappers who want free money... They get lot's of free money for living in a sh1tty area, you can acttualy fail this subject. THANK GOD I NEVER HAVE TO DO CHEMISTRY AGAIN... booo yeagh...

Hey Apex, How's yer head, mea hangover is settling in nicely. Hey I never have to do chemistry again either, bowka. I'll probably be in the pav results day.

Incase your wondering, Tap is Trinity access Program, it's for schools in disadvantaged areas, to give them another option besides CAO to get into trinity courses. You do interviews and crap. Its got offices in the goldsmith hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

OK, ApeX what in the name of God are you on man? :-)

To answer the question, Boston sums it up fairly well, Basicly TAP stands for the Trinity Access Programmes and it has it's offices in Goldsmith Hall.

In the College there are two TAP programmes the Foundation Course a Mature one and Young Adults one then there is Direct entry.

The Foundation Course is a year long Course that you study in Trinity you can study things like politics, Philosophy, English etc or Chem, Physics etc. After the year and depending on your grades you get accepted into a degree course in College usually Trinity.

The Direct Entry is similar to the CAO system except successful applicants get a 5-15ish precent reductuion in points.

As Boston says it was setup to combat disadvantage in the community.

Is there a reason that you wanted to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Kappar wrote:
    OK, ApeX what in the name of God are you on man? :-)

End of supplemental exams. Everyone doing them has to get drunk on the friday, its the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

the friday? hrmmmmm i got drunk last friday that ok? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Heres a website for the Trinity Access Society which is newly formed

http://www.geocities.com/trinity_access/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement