Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6600 V's 6230

Options
  • 25-09-2004 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

I need to get a new phone and have narrowed it down to either a 6230 or a 6600. Just curious to see if anyone has any thoughts or preferences. And why you'd choose one over the other??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I just found out that the 6230 can record a few clips of 4 mins each? while the 6600 is only 15 Sec, I prefer the 6230 for the size but the 6600 is better to customize, you can get ngage games etc for it. but then again the 6230 has a great mp3 player and you can have the mp3 as your ringtones, I had the 6600 for about 6 months till i got sick of the size and i now have a 6230, Ill have this till the 6630 comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Symbian Series 60 OS on the 6600 makes it a Smartphone that can offer a lot of feature / application enhancements if that's relevant to you e.g. my-symbian.com, allaboutsymbian.com...

the 6230 is a high-end a 'feature phone', with extras like a built-in radio and built in MP3/AAC player that can output in stereo (6600 is only mono output and needs a 3rd party MP3 player) - the 6230 is not a Smartphone so you don't have all the opportunities for expansion/enhancement that a Series 60 device offers, but it is very feature rich and my meet all your requirements anyway...

perhaps do a 6600 vs 6320 comparison (click the 'Expand All' link on that page) to see the 'out of the box' features - bearing in mind the expandability the Symbian Smartphone OS offers if relevant to your needs...

then there are the aesthetics / form factors, the 6230 is definitely a neater package, the 6600 is a bit more chunky but you have a bigger screen handy for some apps (like browsing mobile sites etc...) - it is really down to you at the end of the day if you need the power of a Smartphone or if a high-end feature phone would be adequate / suit your needs fine

BrianG

Advertisement