Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For Sale: Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type RA

Options
  • 25-09-2004 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Just in from Japan

Model: Subaru Impreza WRX STI Version 2 Type RA
    Year: 1996
    Colour: White
    Milage: 75,000 miles
    Price: €14000ono
    Spec:

Full STI Type RA spec
    - Variable Diff with facility to lock the differentials
    - I/C Waterspray
    - Roof Vent
    - Mechanical LSD
    - STI hand built engine with closed deck block
    - Short Ratio Type RA Gearbox with quick shift linkage
    - Full STI interior
    - Nardi STI steering wheel
    - Highline Rear Spoiler
    - Lightweight panels .. no electrics/driver aids etc etc...

- Full Syms Racing Bodykit (consisting of front and rear bumpers, grill and side skirts)
    - 17" Kosei Snipers with Dunlop SP9000 rubber .. Spare set of standard gold Subaru rims
    - Full Kakimoto Racing exhaust running straight to the turbo
    - Uprated Actuator
    (full spec of the engine is unknown)
    - Blitz blow off valve
    - Cusco Front and Rear Strut braces
    - Apexi SAFC controller
    - Blitz Boost Gauge
    - Automatic Turbo Timer
    - CD Player
    - Original Subaru Toolkit, floor mats etc

This car is in spotless condition throughout & is massively quick
    Buyer will be the first registered owner in Ireland.
    No timewasters or test pilots.
    Contact ************ or reply below for further info -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

$lash while it's perfecty acceptable to try sell your own car on boards.ie - if your dealing in motors buy an ad from the admins - I'm leaving your thread for the moment but would appreciate an explanation why you're selling a car that isn't even registered here. No explanation and the thread will be deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Borzoi,

I brought the vehicle in as a personal import from Japan... But due to financial issues I am forced to sell it - Rather than registering the car into my name - I will register it directly to whoever purchases the vehicle... The car has never been used on Irish roads & is currently garaged..

If the sale of this car is beyond the realm of whatever rule system you guys implement on these forums then by all means delete the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

apart from the fact that you sound dodgy - if you can't afford it, why bother importing it? - most of the people here know nothing about real cars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

And where are its pink Subaru badges - all WRX STI RA's have them as standard and I can't see them in the pics. What was its Japanese auction rating when you bought it?

Cheers

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Speaking about rules, what about the thread spoiling one!

• Advertisement

apart from the fact that you sound dodgy - if you can't afford it, why bother importing it? - most of the people here know nothing about real cars

I sound dodgy? In what respect? If you have any questions I am more than happy to provide clarification on any aspect of the car.. I purchased the car from Japan whilst I was in employment & I have since decided to return to college to gain a higher qualification hence why I cannot justify or afford the car at present.. I appreciate the fact that I am a relative newcomer to the site but I would suggest that if you are not genuinely interested in the car there is no need for you to post in this thread...

@ interceptor

It has the STi emblems underneath the side repeaters on both front wings... There is an STi plaque in the engine bay, the rear of the car has STi & Type RA decals, The seats and steering wheels are also embossed with the sti logo. The front grill is aftermarket so the pink 'i' STi badge has been removed although I do have this badge along with the original STi fog lamp covers should the buyer wish to fit them..

The car is an auction grade 3.5 - the only mark was a crack in the front bumper which can be seen in the picture .. I have since had the crack repaired & professionally resprayed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

$lash wrote:
    Borzoi,

I brought the vehicle in as a personal import from Japan... But due to financial issues I am forced to sell it - Rather than registering the car into my name - I will register it directly to whoever purchases the vehicle... The car has never been used on Irish roads & is currently garaged..

If the sale of this car is beyond the realm of whatever rule system you guys implement on these forums then by all means delete the thread

Fair enough, carry on. And good luck with the sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I seen one of those today, boy do they go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

if i could get insured in it i would gladly take it off your hands, unfortunatly a car that does 0 - 60 in less than 10seconds is apparently un-insurable here!

draffodx wrote:
    if i could get insured in it i would gladly take it off your hands, unfortunatly a car that does 0 - 60 in less than 10seconds is apparently un-insurable here!

you would be surprised with insurance .. Hibernian are offering some realively decent quotes on high performance cars these days

• Advertisement

For a 21yo male with Full License? if i could get it for 6k I could just about afford it but tis 4k for a 1.4 focus so i doubt i'd get any sort of insurance on an impreza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

The more i look at this the more i'm liking it!

What sort of money are you talking about to register it in the south?

draffodx why not do the old you insure mammy's car and mammy insures your car, then drive away under third party extension. 4k on a 1.4 focus is ridiculous, i'm 22 with full licence and 2 years NCB payin 1800 fully comp on 1.6 focus.

I take it you still have the car Slash?

Farlz

Farls wrote:

draffodx why not do the old you insure mammy's car and mammy insures your car, then drive away under third party extension. 4k on a 1.4 focus is ridiculous, i'm 22 with full licence and 2 years NCB payin 1800 fully comp on 1.6 focus.

Farlz

Registration (VRT) Is included in the price ... :cool:

Farls wrote:

Farlz

Am currently paying €2200 fully comp but i'm only a named driver, it would have been €4200 for me, insurance is up in january so gonna see what it is under my own name, hopefully one day be able to get insured in an impreza or something similiar........

anyways lovely car and vrt included in the price, thats some deal! :)

Male - Born: 06/06/1981 - Full Licence for 5 years has 2 Years No Claims Bonus
    Driving a 1998 SUBARU - IMPREZA WRX STI - 1994cc - Petrol - 4 Door- Manual
    We have submitted your details to each of the main Irish Insurance Companies but we regret that in this case we were unable to obtain a quotation.

FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Im the same situation, born april of the same year, 2 years ncb full licence cant get a quote an FTO (not even an outrageous one - just a point blank refusal)

Hence I cant buy the car I want even though I have the money and the licence.

Hate this poxy country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Ando,

My quote on the 1.8 focus is now down to €900, yet I cannot even get a quote on the evo/impreza at the minute. Otherwise I would be taking a good look at this one

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Best on subaru for me is €2791...

Mayshine wrote:
    My quote on the 1.8 focus is now down to €900, yet I cannot even get a quote on the evo/impreza at the minute. Otherwise I would be taking a good look at this one

Hi Dave,
    900, is that fully comp? How many yrs ncb do you have? Its a joke no-one will quote for the impreza... or if they do its over the 5k mark, for me anyway

if anybody is seriously interested in getting insurance on the Subaru call Quinn Direct or Hibernian & speak to them directly, you might be surprised - these online quotations often exclude performance cars or give huge quotations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

got 1875 on it fully comp with hibernian via the online quote (not interested though $lash) though it dosen't ask for the specific model, just marque and cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Quinn Direct won't insure you on it unless your over 25 and hold a full driving licence!

Farlz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Quinn Direct does. Im 31 with a provisional only and they quoted me. They were expensive though - so went back to Brittons - much beter there. Even on standard cars. Not stealing the thread or anything.

Advertisement