Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Todays Live Game On Network 2 is

• 25-09-2004 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Tottenham V Man United

Looking forward to that one now that Utd are getting back to full strength. It should be a good match to guage progress.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

'Mon the Spurs!

Keep up the progress under Santini, teach the Stretford Enders a thing or two about how the game should be played...

;)

Seriously, think a draw will be the outcome. I expect Spurs to be tight and well disciplined, ManYoo will find it much harder to score 5 this time. Hopefully Defoe will bang in a few as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Come on Tottenham!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Whats this, Man U TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

eirebhoy wrote:
    Whats this, Man U TV?

Thats not very fair to tottenham supporters who have a hugh Irish following too.

The Muppet wrote:
    Thats not very fair to tottenham supporters who have a hugh Irish following too.
    I bet if Tottenham were playing Bolton RTE wouldn't be showing it. ;)

I'm joking, looking forward to the match.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't bet on it Bolton are flying at the Moment and very enjoyable to watch,

As I said I,m looking forward to it , Its usually a good game for UTD . I dont think it will be another 5-3 game I'll settle for a 2 -1 scoreline to united of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

spurs have been excellent in defence so far this season...i reckon it will be a single goal either way. (obviously i hope i'm wrong)

ManYoo look far more dangerous so far, Spurs' midfield has been appaling. Of the 4 in the centre, the only one likely to start in a full strength team would be Mendes. Redknapp keeps giving the ball away, he's surely on the way out, and Keane is too far back on the left side.

1-0 ManYoo, stupid stupid Edman pulls down O'Shea in the box and Van Nist converts the peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Spurs need to get robbie keane up front with defoe. Or at least have robbie playing in a more central role. More a poor performance by spurs than a classy utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Exciting stuff.. ahem ahem... ahem............ahem

Spurs playing much better 2nd half, but no sign of an equaliser.

Ronaldo went down in the box like he was shot a minute ago, should have been booked.

That was a dire match, really poor from both teams.

Spurs weer clueless I'm sorry to say, the sooner Carrick and Davis become available for us the better. We really missed Atouba and Davies looked well short of fitness when he came on.

Ronaldo went down in the box like he was shot a minute ago, should have been booked.

Indeed time for Fergie to have another word but apart from that he had a good game is a handful for any defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Giggs needs to be dropped from a great height, every single pass he mi**** or didnt hit. Spurs look good when they playing with confidence but Santini has sent them out to defend v the big boys when he really should have them attack, may have scored or threatened a bit more then.
    O Shea needs to start hitting passes right can se him doing the Keane role with kleberson or Scholes playing the passer.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is miller injured or something?
    I thought he looked good when he was playing for United but alas no chances to play

PHB wrote:
    I thought he looked good when he was playing for United but alas no chances to play

Miller came on as sub so he is not injured I think he would be a better option in the middle of the park than O Shea. I dont think o Shea will make it in midfield unless he sorts his passing out.At the moment it is very poor.

On a Plus Heinze has impressed me every game this season and Keano has had two good games in. a row

KdjaC wrote:
    Spurs look good when they playing with confidence but Santini has sent them out to defend v the big boys when he really should have them attack, may have scored or threatened a bit more then.

In fairness, Spurs had only one first choice midfielder fully fit for today's game. Keane was played out of position on the left, Mabizela (signed as a CB!) was playing his first full Premiership match of the season, and Redknapp looks more and more out of touch every time I see him play.

Davies came on in the 1st half and was way off fitness, that wasn't helped by the knock he picked up after a challenge from Keane (IIRC). Can't understand why Brown wasn't playing in the centre alongside Mendes, would have been a much better partnership.
    The Muppet wrote:
    On a Plus Heinze has impressed me every game this season and Keano has had two good games in. a row

Agree with both of those assessments, but in Keane's case it wasn't hard to achieve today.

PHB wrote:
    He was injured, yesterday was his first game back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

good win for utd, tricky place to go as spurs can hammer you on their day, thankfully it was one of their more usual bad days.

ronaldo had a poor game imo, but still managed to create magic stuff, like the outside of the right boot into the area for bellion. its such a contrast between himself and giggs. giggs is completely left footed and always looks to switch it too his left side whereas ronaldo's balance and agility, close control and flair make him sail past people with no effort. he's become invaluable to us and imo is our most important player, ahead of even keane or van nistelrooy.

7 points off the top aint bad, we've yet to play arsenal (24th oct at old trafford) so it can easily be caught up and surely they cant keep this run going for too much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Giggs has been terrible this season, but hopefully he will come good, it seems less and less likely as time goes on. We should have bought Duffer..

Ronaldo has been sensational this season, an off day yesterday but still very impressive and Keane and Heinze were excellent as well. Great to see Rio back, the whole defence looks more comfortable already, long may it continue.

On the negative side, Arsenal have been outstanding again this season, and I can't really see them blowing up. As ardent a Man U fan as I am, you have to take your hat off to Wenger and co, they are sensational. Hopefully Utd can string together some results and confidence before the 24th. I'll be at the game, and I don't want to see them beaten, should be an excellent game one way or t'other

Advertisement