Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AudioScrobbler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

fuse wrote:
    My winamp is crashing frequently these days. Also getting Division By Zero errors aswell. Im not sure if its caused by audioscrobbler. I haven't figured out what exactly makes it crash.
    I'm using winamp5, think I may have to go back to 2.x but the media library is dead handy.

Does anybody else have problems like these?

Yup, happens to me a fair bit.
    Although it's usualy ok unless I'm in the plugin settings/viewing the scrobbler log. Then it craps itself.
    Winamp5/ latest plugin.

Used to get the same thing with the older Windows Media pluging, since I upgraded to the latest one though it seems fine.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i meant as a marketing tool their database will be worth an absolute fortune.
    full demographic anaylsis, regional music trends, christ its a data miners wet dream and the amazing thing is people are giving up this information for free and without any sort of bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

shurl wrote:
    Then it craps itself.
    Winamp5/ latest plugin

happening me aswell :( only since i d/l audioscrobbler

i have since downloaded the plug in for iTunes on Windows. anyone here using this experiencing any problems. it says when trying to send the song info:

Submission Failed: Queue Is Full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

Yep since I got 1.1.8 I haven't a problem so go get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have this turned off now, because every time the Audioscrobbler site goes down, Winamp keeps crashing on me, and the Audioscrobbler site goes down all the time.

Anyoen else had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yep, happens alot.
    Could see it being a hell of lot more annoying if you're on broadband, but on 56k I can just disconnect, that or use windows media player.
    Even when it's not down, it tends to not increment tracks played at all and so a lot of songs just get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It has it's problems, but if you don't pay attention to it and just check every few days or so it's grand.

My Winamp doesn't crash when the site's down, it just all goes to the log file. Are you using the latest build?

I've updated to v1.1.8 build 612 I think it is now.
    It kept crashing with 1.1.7 even with the site working.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Works perfectly with iTunes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'm having no trouble with winamp and 1.1.7 ... i can't see 1.1.8 anywhere on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

1.1.8 is in the news section, about 4 posts down. I was having the same problem with 1.1.7 - consistent crashing. The new version has fixed all of that though.

a friend of mine and I were just discussing Dispatch last week, but I haven't been able to find any of their stuff other than "walk with you".. and now theyre #1 onn the boards list

I assume they're worth checking out some more then? :)

Tis all Snowman's fault. Whoever he may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yes, Dispatch are indeed awesome. Awesome to the max.

If anyone wants 1-listen-then-delete "samples" of them, it can be arranged.

heh, yeah they're bloody amazing :) easily one of my all time favourite bands and I've only started listening to them recently.

bang bang is a ****ing brilliant album

Note: daveirl created a different Audioscrobber group previously but since he's so uncool only Cloud joined it. [2]

lol..sorry, I had no idea hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

/Drags up old thread

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/sbradish/

- Seems to be adding recent tracks but not generating stats etc, does it normally take this long (3 days)...

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/dereka/

The only annoying thing about this is the way random artists sometimes pop up in your profile. Avril Lavigne appears when I was playing my personal radio today. I quickly told her to f-ck off.

It is good though. But if I hear Boards of Canada or Radiohead again when listening to the radio in LastFm I'll scream.

/Drags up old thread

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/sbradish/

- Seems to be adding recent tracks but not generating stats etc, does it normally take this long (3 days)...
    The weekly charts are generated every Sunday afaik, and the Top Artists and Songs lists are done every couple of hundred of tracks you listen to.

There is currently a backlog of 7.5 million songs to be processed.
    So track totals are wrong too, and it's slowing everything up.
    3 days, I wouldn't be complaining mine hasn't updated in 15 and some people haven't updated since last month.

march 7th for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Yes have just noticed the stats page http://www.audioscrobbler.com/development/graphs.php

7.5 million...

/Neo

Whoa.

I find the whole thing very interesting. Was having a conversation with a friend of mine about it. I think that when bands are deciding if it would be worth their while to play in a particular country they shouldn't look at the charts or record sales, they should look at the scrobbler country chart, or some equivilant.

Yep, AS will be sold for a f_ckload of money in a year or two.

\o/

they just updated my top artists list, and top tracks

disturbingly enough the top 5 hasn't changed order at all.. they've all gone up nearly exactly the same amounts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Makaveli wrote:
    There is currently a backlog of 7.5 million songs to be processed.
    So track totals are wrong too, and it's slowing everything up.
    3 days, I wouldn't be complaining mine hasn't updated in 15 and some people haven't updated since last month.
    heh. i've been checking every day since march 8th to see if they've updated my artist and track charts.
    least i know its not just me who's having this problem

Advertisement