Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Valeting prices??

Options
  • 25-09-2004 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I wanted to get the seats and carpets cleaned in the car, one guy quoted €80, he'd take out front seats clean it all and dry the seats, said it'd take full day. Other quoted me €50 to clean the seats(wouldn't be taking them out) and told me it'd take a couple of days for them to dry. Are these prices normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

A full valet normally costs between 50 - 100 yoyos depending where you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

look around for prices,valeting is all that dear and 80 euros seems a bit on the expensive side

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

I thought €80 was a bit dear,I've tried two lads there isn't many doing it in Nenagh. Anybody know somewhere in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Clean it yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

In my job as a valeter (spelling) taking out the seats is a big no no i did it once power washed loads of industrial detergent and 2 days drying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Well , you know the reason for that?
    -I'll tell you, you are a truley useless car cleaning boy, in fact you are not even a car cleaning boy, you are more of a walk around the place and try and look busy kind of boy. :rolleyes: Which I must say you are extrordinairly good at, but a cleaner you are not.
    As for the price , 80 quid sounds about right, unless you are hiring Egor above ^^, in which case you would be grand to throw him a few car magazines, which had been read in the bath.

*edit* I mean look at the fool, would you let somebody who can't string a coherent scentence together anywhere you pride and joy? :eek: *edit*

Check your PM inbox for a written warning, Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

*edit* I mean look at the fool, would you let somebody who can't string a coherent scentence together anywhere you pride and joy? :eek: *edit*
    You're not exactly the sharpest yourself are you?
    Where I worked it was 85eurons for a full valet, these lads were good too.. (linders chapelizod) I was somewhat experienced at valeting (3 summers in other shops) and I'll admit I wasn't even allowed clean the cars much.
    My opinion? Go to a reputable place for it and when doing so.. you get what you pay for. There are definite standards beginning to arise in the valeting business.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you know someone who drives a mupput-mobeeeEEL, ask them. Most of them take pristine care of their car's, and proberly know of a good place to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Flukey wrote:
    Clean it yourself!
    I wouldn't even attempt it myself, have you ever seen the back seat of a car that had a 2 year old travelling in it for over a year. It has chocolate stains, capri sun stains and he also had an accident while been potty trained :D
    So I think it'd be best to get someone who knows what there doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

They have the right chemicals and heavy duty equipment too.. But it isn't that hard. A wet hoover would probably be a must. Plus if you get it done in the right place, they'll clean parts of your car you never knew existed.. It'll be like new.

• Advertisement

I just remembered something from ages ago, make sure that any part of the car that is to get a soaking should be removed for drying. I once came across a fiesta with a terrible stench, it turned out that after the carpet was cleaned the water soaked into the noise reducing fabric and it started to rot, it was traumatic.
    By the way, Knife_Fighter is my little bro :rolleyes:

you are more of a walk around the place and try and look busy kind of boy. :rolleyes:

That coming from a suit waring two bit car sales thingy
    P.S. you spelt igor wrong

Um, okay I think we're making a bit of a show of ourselves here, so lets just shuffle off quietly.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yes,yes you should

I agree :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Guys, please.... :rolleyes:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

By the way, Knife_Fighter is my little bro :rolleyes:

Ah, right so.

Advertisement