Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil war in the US

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I just had to go and checkout stormfront, found wonderful kidspage there, very educational..such creative little uns..
    If You're Happy And You Know It, Bomb Iraq

If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iraq. If the markets are a drama, bomb Iraq. If the terrorists are frisky, Pakistan is looking shifty, North Korea is too risky, Bomb Iraq.

If we have no allies with us, bomb Iraq. If we think that someone's dissed us, bomb Iraq. So to hell with the inspections, Let's look tough for the elections, Close your mind and take directions, Bomb Iraq.

It's pre-emptive non-aggression, bomb Iraq. To prevent this mass destruction, bomb Iraq. They've got weapons we can't see, And that's all the proof we need, If they're not there, they must be there, Bomb Iraq.

If you never were elected, bomb Iraq. If your mood is quite dejected, bomb Iraq. If you think Saddam's gone mad, With the weapons that he had, And he tried to kill your dad, Bomb Iraq.

If corporate fraud is growin', bomb Iraq. If your ties to it are showin', bomb Iraq. If your politics are sleazy, And hiding that ain't easy, And your manhood's getting queasy, Bomb Iraq.

Fall in line and follow orders, bomb Iraq. For our might knows not our borders, bomb Iraq. Disagree? We'll call it treason, Let's make war not love this season, Even if we have no reason, Bomb Iraq.

I shouldn't laugh really...but I'll take 20 on sovteks odds.
    [eh//moriartys odds even]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I just have a couple of questions for awake 777 if you dont mind

1. Is your gripe with just mexicans or hispanics in general. I ask this as Puerto Rico is as good as being a member of the united states at this stage.

2. Whats the story with Guam, how did the US end up owning that.

well those are my questions.

On the topic of causes of a civil war in the US. I would imagine that a split within the military or the military becoming very disalusioned with all of George W Bush's little warlets. I believe that a time will come when the army will say "**** this we seem to be ketting killed all over the middle east." Read somewhere (forget where sorry) that Iraq was arabic for vietnam.

What about the LA riots, could they have been considered an insurrection, they were caused by an emotive issue of two white police men beating seven shades out of a black man Rodney King.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

awake777 wrote:
    Hahaha.. helping the economy?

Yup. Helping the economy.

Here's a hint....who do you think employs immigrant workers? That's right....US companies.

Now...for the bonus question....why are they employing them - because they're cheaper, or more expensive to hire than American employees?

If you haven't read anything on the subject, I'd suggest you inform yourself on the amount of "turning a blind eye" that goes in in the US to the grey economy of illegal immigrant workers. It is not a "problem" that the government want to solve, because - quite simply - there is too much money being made from it.

So you can bleat on about your invasion and the problems it causes all you like, but the simple reality is that this is an issue created and sustained by an unspoken agreement between US business and government (at state and national level) that it si not a problem which needs to be solved because it is beneficial to the economy.

Sure...the average US citizen may be getting the short end of the stick, but face it pal...you get that from pretty much every aspect of the work-market. This is just another manifestation of the US citizen suffering for the benefit of the US corporation.

Whats hilarious is that they've so successfully conned so many people into believing that its the immigrants who are to blame.
    and the money earned by the illegals goes right back to their families in Mexico.

A tiny amount of it does, yes. Whats left over after the workers have spent some of their pittance on staying alive.
    How is that helping OUR economy?
    Cheaper wage costs.
    Y'know, 95% of all warrants out for homicide in LA are for illegal mexicans.

Ignoring how made up those figures sound.....You do know that your penal system distinguishes between the innocent and the guilty by means of a court decision, not the issuance of a warrant?
    Those poor, hard working individuals (who shouldn't have been here in the first place) murdered American citizens..

Apparently you didn't know what I just asked....

Either that, or you're gonna come back with some guff about how many/most of them are definitely guilty (like all those "really bad men" in Gitmo, right).

Or maybe its that these are foreigners and don't deserve the "innocent till proven guilty" treatment. Maybe like your various civil liberties, you believe that this is only for citizens too???

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

awake777 wrote:
    Hahaha.. helping the economy? Maybe the economy of Mexico. Those jobs were taken from Americans (blah blah blah, they do the jobs that nobody else wants, save it), and the money earned by the illegals goes right back to their families in Mexico. How is that helping OUR economy?

Well they are feeding money back by being there. They have to live on something. But a better solution would be obviously to let them bring their families there that way all that money they give back to their family is being fed back into the US.

Y'know, 95% of all warrants out for homicide in LA are for illegal mexicans. Those poor, hard working individuals (who shouldn't have been here in the first place) murdered American citizens.. but that must be "society's fault" :D

How about linking that to show were you get your facts from.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Ok ok, it would be rather hypocritical of us to criticise awake's argument. Why? What about the population of our country's reaction to the influx of refugees and asylum seekers. And don't deny that many of you feel the same way as he does about these Mexiacan "invaders" with our own little refugee stink. The people here have kicked up such an abhorrable stink about refugees and asylum seekers that it's sickening at times. Sometimes it's justified. But let's not forget that if some foreign culture comes into Ireland and doesn't assimilate into our culture, the people here get so unbelievably offended. Yet, it's ok for us to go to all corners of the world and have "traditional Irish pubs" and such Irish culture spring up all over the place. But if "those damned foreigners" do something similar here they're almost hung for it. This issue gets little press coverage because it's so shameful.

However, to Awake, was it not your family and kind that were seen as "invaders" and "scum" when they first came into the United States?

• Advertisement

What about the population of our country's reaction to the influx of refugees and asylum seekers.

Irelands "influx" is tiny. This subject has been done to death, just look for any post with Arcadegames mitts all over it and you will find links to the exact numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Ok ok, it would be rather hypocritical of us to criticise awake's argument. Why? What about the population of our country's reaction to the influx of refugees and asylum seekers. And don't deny that many of you feel the same way as he does about these Mexiacan "invaders" with our own little refugee stink. The people here have kicked up such an abhorrable stink about refugees and asylum seekers that it's sickening at times. Sometimes it's justified. But let's not forget that if some foreign culture comes into Ireland and doesn't assimilate into our culture, the people here get so unbelievably offended. Yet, it's ok for us to go to all corners of the world and have "traditional Irish pubs" and such Irish culture spring up all over the place. But if "those damned foreigners" do something similar here they're almost hung for it. This issue gets little press coverage because it's so shameful.

However, to Awake, was it not your family and kind that were seen as "invaders" and "scum" when they first came into the United States?

It may be hyprocritical of you but you'll find theres people on this board who campaigned againist the referendum, and argued againist it to death on this board.

So instead of tarring us with your brush why don't you do some research into the politics and opinions of the people here before you claim to speak for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

bonkey wrote:
    I would more classify that "small group" as a splintering of the political and military (such as it was) force that the state had ad its disposal - which is what resulted in the civil war.

Fair enough, but they were not an organised group with pre-meditated civil war on their mind. They wanted disruption but I don't think anyone planned on the British Naval ships coming inland to bomb people or the resulting war.

bonkey wrote:
    I also think that it is highly unlikely that even were the US military forced to operate on home soil against a domestic threat that they would be anywhere near as heavy-handed in their tactics as against foreign targets. While many are supportive of the war, and dismiss the civilian deaths as tragic but unavoidable collateral damage, were their own to suffer the same, their collective opinion would (in my opinion) shift somewhat.

I would see the US situation more likely - in a worst case - to degenerate to the type of chaos seen in Argentina in the past year, but not to degenerate to civil war. While I may be highly critical of the US administration and some aspects of its culture, I hold enough of its people in high enough regard to believe this of them.

The americans (and I wear my own american hat when I say this -I'm multi-ethnic all by myself). are a fickle bunch. Sure we cry freedom and unity and we support our boys and tie the yellow ribbons up, but we take any incident of public disorder, from the blackouts last year to the hurricanes this year (and even to some small scale something as nationally harrowing as 9-11) and you get looters and pillagers out in force. You get people robbing each other blind and you get crime and violence escalating.

Now this is slightly off topic, but what it highlights is that under the right set of circumstances, the people of america, with all the inborn prejudices against various social subsets (such as our friend awake, but to be honest, most classes in america have other ethnic or social classes that they are predjudiced against to some degree) will turn on each other. Now again, I don't believe civil war is very likely, but I wouldn't bet against it.

If certain groups were to feel targetted for violations of civil liberties (and by some accounts its going that way) and mount any sort of organised rebellion, they *could* cause enough public disorder to incite splintering of the arouse ethnic, social and political classes enough to reach the point of civil war.

bonkey wrote:
    Whats hilarious is that they've so successfully conned so many people into believing that its the immigrants who are to blame.
    I wouldn't be to smug jc, our lads pretty much managed the same thing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Awake777 has decided to invite a few of his knuckle-dragging mates from Stormfront onto boards http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=155873

Polite or not, having read through some of the bile on Stormfront I'm fairly certain the guy is both racist and anti-semetic.

Ignore list? I think so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

mmm..think we cant handle em?

(would be fun at least to hear their perspectives)

edit: did you note johnjoy tree's reputation...and we thought beruthiel was the tops..

Awake777 has decided to invite a few of his knuckle-dragging mates from Stormfront onto boards http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=155873

Polite or not, having read through some of the bile on Stormfront I'm fairly certain the guy is both racist and anti-semetic.

Ignore list? I think so.

Most of us are aware of this, but to be fair, he hasn't done anything too terrible and he's pretty mild version of the sort of stormfronter we're used to here. He's not shown us anything here and I think his arguments have been pretty well squashed flat.
    keu wrote:
    mmm..think we cant handle em?

(would be fun at least to hear their perspectives)

If you consider listening to a tape recording of one of those megaphone guys from the top of Grafton St over and over again about a zillion times with a screechy background distortion for good measure, a fun thing to hear, you will enjoy the stormfronters.

IMHO they've been done to death at this stage and are last years amusement.

How many times am I going to have to remind people that personal attacks will not be tolerated.

I don't care where this guy is from, who he represents, or what he thinks. He can be the most clueless idiot on the planet, but he is still entitled to the same protection that the rules offer everyone else.

Ignore him if you like, but the insults stop.

jc

bonkey wrote:

Ignore him if you like, but the insults stop.

jc

Where's the insult? I was stating fact.

Is awake777 anti-semitic? Judge for yourself...
    awake777 wrote:
    So it's been establsihed that Starbuck's is owned by a Zionist Jew, yet the lot of you still buy from there. What is wrong with this picture? Why keep adding fuel to the fire? This is exactly how we got into this mess in the first place. Stop giving your money to the jew, find a decent White-owned establishment if you're too lazy to make a pot at home and throw it in a travel mug.

Pathetic.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1098058#post1098058
    awake777 wrote:
    As the Jews continue to overplay their hand, I foresee an increase in petty "hate crimes" against them as more and more of Our people become aware of the jewish problem

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1236601#post1236601

Is awake777 racist? Judge for yourself...
    awake777 wrote:
    Bahhh don't even get me started about mongoloids - I live with one. One of my race-traitor housemates decided to let his asian girlfriend move in without consulting us. Fortunately they're out in two months, but until then I'm forced to deal with a typical cookie-cutter asian girl, the most obnoxious thing in the world.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134179
    awake777 wrote:
    I have made it a point during the last several months to stop frequenting businesses/stores owned by non-whites.. this can be difficult, when walking into a large chain-store (which sometimes can't really be avoided).. where you don't know who owns/runs the business.. but judging from a quick glance around at the employees, one can decide right quickly whether to stay or go..

Help your fellow man.. shop at White-owned stores, put your money back in the hands of Whites so that they may better themselves and their family, and someday return the favor..

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?p=586327#post586327

bonkey wrote:
    How many times am I going to have to remind people that personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Like I've said above jc, I was stating fact. And I'll continue to do so if necessary, fully aware that I risk a banning.

One last gem...
    awake777 wrote:
    I know the feeling. It sickens me to see beautiful White women in the clutches of any non-white, it sickens me to see their mongrelized offspring, and it sickens me to know that this sort of behavior isn't just occuring in my small corner of the world, but is happening everywhere and is deliberately promoted by the Jewish media here to serve their purpose..

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?p=585079#post585079

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

The sad thing about awake777's posts is that he is just one among thousands who feel that way. It is sooo very sad, and a little scary tbh.

I can understand the older generations still hanging on to these views that they were raised on because they are stuborn and dont know better, but how the younger generations are not copping on is beyond me.
    I thought we were supposed to be getting smarter as time went on,
    It just sickens me.

Everytime I forget that these people are out there I am brought back down with the reality that it is all around. All the more reason to get out of this country.
    I know there are people like this in other countries but I dont think it is as bad outside of the States...or am I wrong?

I literally felt sick after I read those comments. I can only pray for the ignorance to end...if it doesnt, I fear...
    it will destroy us all.

I'd like to think there's enough of us who can see through the tissue of lies Beat, there has to be some hope for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ColoradoGal

"I just can't figure out who would be fighting who but in a nation where civilians are armed to the hilt"

Sure, I suppose we have more handguns than other countries. But let's just say that I don't know of one person who owns a handgun. I do know some people who own a hunting rifle. I totally support gun control, but it's not as bad here as you see in the American movies.

"Everytime I forget that these people are out there I am brought back down with the reality that it is all around. All the more reason to get out of this country. I know there are people like this in other countries but I dont think it is as bad outside of the States...or am I wrong?"

Racism is in every country. And by judging us all in America based on what one group says is not exactly racist (because we are so many races) but extreme prejudice. America seems to be more and more tolerant with every generation. As racist Pat Buchanan admitted recently "we're a dying breed". We're an extremely diverse nation of different races, and many of them came here from oppressed, very poor areas of the countries - when you cram separate cultures/races together in "ghettos" (the classic definition) it will breed friction and racism. Those situation created guys like Pat Buchanan and Archie Bunker (characterization).

When I was a child, interracial couples were almost Taboo. Now, it's so commonplace and tolerated by the vast majority of Americans. It's hard to judge all this by someone who lives in another country that isn't very racially diverse, but it's a good idea to put this into context.

yea it varies from state to state. In Boston no one I knew had a gun. In San Diego my friends had handguns for protection (although strict rules about having it in a car at the time), and in Michigan the cousins had hunting rifles.

Never seen anyone the likes of bowling for columbine though.

I will continue to hope, but there has to be more done.
    Those people are filled with so much hate and ignorance, and they keep pulling in those who are impressionable, seeking out the week to build themselves up.

I wish there was a way to stop it, or to get through to them...make them see the light before it's too late.

Sorry we have gone off topic, but it is just these types of people who would if they could start another civil war, not that they would win mind you. Just that they could do enough damage to revert the country back another 50 years in its way of thinking. They are living so much in the past they cant see what they are doing to thier future.

If they could just be educated...someday we will elect a president who will address these issues and hopefully they wont be assassinated like thier fellow freedom fighters...Abe Lincoln, JFK...John Lennon ;)

• Advertisement

I dunno, I think you should listen tothe mods, despite awake's inclinations elsewhere he's done nothing on boards to warrent abuse or punishment. So long as he stays within the rules he's entitled topost.

I mean if we were banned from boards for the opinions expressed elsewhere or our thoughts then I'd be banned to, cos to be honest, I just plain don't like white people! ;)

syke wrote:
    I dunno, I think you should listen tothe mods, despite awake's inclinations elsewhere he's done nothing on boards to warrent abuse or punishment. So long as he stays within the rules he's entitled topost.

I'm not proposing that do we ban him. I'm a passionate believer in free speech, even when that speech sickens me.

I'd initially put him on my ignore list, but he's back off it now. I'll let him have his say and might even read it.

This is my final post regarding this aspect of the thread, don't want to continue too far off topic.

syke wrote:

I mean if we were banned from boards for the opinions expressed elsewhere or our thoughts then I'd be banned to, cos to be honest, I just plain don't like white people! ;)

I wasnt saying he should be banned...I was just saying how sad it is that these people still exist. That's all ;)
    oh ya, away with teh white people...they suck hehe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

skinhead_small.gif

Tbh.

I think I'll start calling myself a "Size 9 Shoesize Nationalist" Anyone with bigger or smaller feet than me is subhuman and is the cause of all the world's problems, and so must be destroyed forthwith.

Right.

I don't know why it is so hard to get it through to people that "attack the post, not the poster" actually means exactly what it says. Syke has exactly the right line - there is nothing on this site that Awake has posted that merits the abuse that is being thrown his/her way, and therefore they deserve every protection that the rules offer anyone else.

Look - if (say) Recklessone's mate came on here and the pair of them started a to-and-fro of insults which they both agreed was based in fact, would I let it slide? No - I wouldnt. Why not? Because you are not given permission to attack another poster.

Similarly, I don't care what Awake posts on other sites. I'm pretty sure several regulars here have multiple accounts on boards alone, from which they post using different persona's. Does this mean that each and every one fo those persona's is an accurate reflection of hte real person? No, it doesn't. And so I won't even accept the argument that its a "fact" that Awake is a racist. Even if it is a fact, the comments being made are still intended as personal attacks, which are not permitted.

And lest people think this is entirely aimed at reckless....

Redleslie - I've already cautioned you about making comments about people who's political ideology you disagree with, and explained why it is tolerated here. I'm not going to do it again.

Should Awake continue to post on this forum, he/she will be treated with the respect due to any other poster people happen to disagree with, or bans will be handed out.

This thread is closed.

jc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement