Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Logged In Loop - Reporting This

Options
  • 25-09-2004 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

re DeVore's "Test" message about "If you are always being asked to login to Boards Read This".....
    I had this problem which is very very frustrating and followed the advice about the text cookie removal but this didn't stop the problem. DeVore's advised fallback is " Any Further Problems should be reported on the Feedback Forum". Fine. Except that you cannot "report problems" on the Feedback forum if you are not logged in. And I couldn't find any normal e-mail address to which to send a message. At the end of one of the Boards.ie pages there is a "contact" button but this just leads to a jokey error message - clever and funny but not much help.
    I eventually found a way of getting a new login password which seemed to work on IE at least - don't know yet about Netscape ( don't ask me how I managed to do this - I could not repeat the steps if asked )
    An e-mail address to which to write would be of use in situations like this.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm confused.

You're logged in now. Had you fogotten your password or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's an e-mail address at the bottom of the front page.
    Just take the nospamdiediedie bit out of the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Heh, never saw that l33t message before. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm still having the problem aswell after trying Devores solution a few times. Getting annoying now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm still having the problem with being prompted to login in everytime I visit the boards. Devores solution didn't work for me. I noticed the problem after I installed SP2 and a new version of Zone Alarm. What makes this more annoying is that I have to enter my password 3 or 4 times before its accepted. Even though I'm entering it correctly. Oh and I can't login into pie.boards.ie password is not accepted. Even though I'm still logged in to Boards.ie.

Its likely a problem on my machine, with cached data somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Use the personal issues forum in future as you can login without a password. A friendly mod will broomstick it over to the feedback forum for reference probably..

(directed at initial post)

Advertisement