Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US servers V EU servers...

• 25-09-2004 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Which do you prefer to play on?
    Following the announcement by Blizzard that WoW servers will be forced ( ie local servers only) for latency issues for at least the first few months of live time, it got me to thinking: which do you prefer to play on and for what reasons?

Timezones are probably the biggest determining factor followed closely by language. Running in in 3rd place is the sheer amount of children who seem to play on the US servers and the tone they bring to MMO communities (1337 kiddie syndrome).

Personally I'm disappointed in Blizzard's move, although I'm sure it's for the good of the game. I've played very little time on dedicated eurpoean servers and what I did play was fouled up by german or french speakers. Having said that at least the servers were populated at the times I was playing most (although while I was in SWG I was on the dole so it meant lots of all nighters).

Just wondering what everyone else views on this were: and why!
    No offence but I'm a reluctant european and see myself as having more in common with US folks than the majority of euros, bar currency and location...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

It's total stupidity. People want to play MMOs with their friends, and they've been playing MMOs long enough to have friends all over. If they stop guilds moving to this game en mass because they block some of their members there will be an awful lot of complaints I'd say.

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dr_Teeth wrote:
    It's total stupidity. People want to play MMOs with their friends, and they've been playing MMOs long enough to have friends all over. If they stop guilds moving to this game en mass because they block some of their members there will be an awful lot of complaints I'd say.

Teeth.

I couldn't agree more. Horizons biggest mistake was localized servers and it sucked. I want to be able to play with my old guild mates and if I cant then I wont be buying there product. I guess I will wait a few months until Blizzard wise up and stop all this silliness.

Advertisement