Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one final check on waterblocks..

Options
  • 25-09-2004 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

ok im going for

a black ice xtreme rad..or a thermochill..that doesnt matter
    i know what tubing to get (some DD stuff)
    i know what res im getting
    i know what pump im getting (also DD)
    (actually im getting a DangerDen DD12v-D4..but would a hydor L30 be better?)
    the site im using which lets you build your own kit includes all the barbs and stuff i need, as well as water wetter, uv dye all that

BUT!

what block! (prob DD too so they are all the same size/fittings)...theres
    AMD Maze 4 A64 lucite top
    AMD Maze 4 A64 Copper top
    A64 RBX
    A64 TDX

also theres a silver 1 but thats way outta my price range

which is the best block out of these??..my fingers have been itching at the order button for a while now but im not going to rush things in the chance i get a bad part

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Flashman

Been a while since I've posted...
    DD blocks are great quality and you'll get good support should you encounter problems. Go for the newer blocks, the tdx or rbx. The tdx is smaller and has a single inlet and outlet, and so is easier to connect up. The rbx is reputed to have better performance in some set ups, but has the added hassle of needing a y-connector for the outlets(2 of them).
    Not sure about pumps, but either the hydor or dd look good. I'd avoid any eheims as they have awkward inlets. I've got the tdx and an eheim 1250 myself. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I would go with the TDX as the RBX is harder to setup with little to no performance increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

hmm i asked around and 2 other people suggested the maze 4 copper top 1 before you guys posted..i dont like it when someone says something different..as ive already bought a custom kit :o

maze 4 - copper top (£4 more expensive than the tdx..i thought it would be better myself but :confused: )
    DD12v-D4 pump
    thermochil rad
    2 120mm Panaflo fans
    a dual floppy bay res
    some DD tubing
    anddd some water wetter, artic silver 5 and some blue uv dye :p

all came to about £190

i darent go looking for reviews now..i may find 1 with a tdx spanking the pants off a maze 4 :eek:

*edit*

confused now i clicked on some info of the maze 4 and its called:

Danger Den - Copper Top RBX for Athlon64/Opteron

even though it has MAZE 4 stamped on it and looks nothing like the rbx 1 also on this site with 3..pipes

this only has the 2 also...ah god knows :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Go here to show the difference between the blocks but you should also read the reviews as some of the blocks are less restrictive than others so the results you see may show a bigger difference than what exists. This shows that the maze 4 is not as good as the TDX tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ffs! why do i get shown this stuff when its too late :mad:

damn meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

screw this..im gonna try and change it, i dont think its been dispatched coz they havent emailed me *hopes*

• Advertisement
Advertisement